Maverick

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dubcat, Jul 24, 2019.

1. I for one.. am VERY VERY VERY VERY hyped about this film :) The music still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up :) Anyone else?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I just hope they don't ruin it. Absolutely iconic film and yes, the music does the same to me

3. 100% agree - with Tom Cruise seemingly being the driving force behind it I have faith it will not be ruined. Fingers crossed.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. It was a great movie when it came out and dated badly like everything else. It is cringeworthy to watch now IMO. Be interesting to see if the sequel is even watchable! Am I being a bit harsh?

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Not being harsh - though so many 80s films have not aged well. Doesn't make it any less iconic. I'm sure the sequel be a worthy successor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Own up, who bought a gpz after seeing the original ?:thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Never saw the first one. Want watch this one. May as well be watching brokeback mountain. Which isn't my thing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Fuck Yes! Top Gun is what shaped my childhood and made me decide to be a fighter pilot, apparently leaving school at 14 without having taken an exam or read a book, coupled with copious amounts of lighter gas followed by a rain forest worth of marijuana is not what they wanted in the airforce but I am still confident that president will call me, asking for volunteers to fly his jets with zero experience apart from eating in a couple of airport lounges, to fight the alien invasion.

Cant wait to see this!

#8 Boomshanka, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I rated Legend far above Top Gun, to be honest.
    Plus Legend hasn't aged at all.
    Plus ... Mia Sara. Just sayin'.

upload_2019-7-24_12-43-42.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. looking forward to it!

I see the GPz900 is under the covers in his garage and the runway blast is now on a H2 - good job Kawasaki!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hopefully there will be copious steamy towel fights in the locker room.

Looking forward to it!

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. I'm looking forward to it, because I think the aerial sequences will be amazing, but honestly my expectations are VERY low.. Like Independence day 2 low, and even that somehow managed to disappoint from there.

13. 80's films aren't meant to age well they're not meant to age at all. You're meant to binge watch them one after the other, with beer. High fiving your mate in between films. Top Gun, Days of Thunder, all those sorts of films are gun ho and proud. Embrace it for what it is because Schindler's list it isn't.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I feel the need the need for.............. a wee.
    It’s my age now you know.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Look forward to watching it and wonder who the baddies will be Iran/Russia or EU :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Mexico...

17. I thought Maverick was about the guy in a Ferrari with a dodgy mustache? This looks nowhere near as good.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. EU....

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Can’t wait

Do Not Sell My Personal Information