1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxton Fork Cartridges In 750ss ?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by CAT3, Jun 27, 2020.

1. My thoughts exactly, I've spent a fair bit of cash in my SS, I'll never see it back. Had it for 10 years and it's still not finished.

I do it for me, no one else. And I can tell you that getting a Maxton shock is well worth it. The handling on my bike is excellent and far improved from standard. I can highly recommend it. They set my suspension up for my style of riding and weight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I always struggle in my own mind with trying to keep the bike original and making it perform better. I’ve just made the first change from an all original 750SS by adding HEL braided lines which was a debate in my mind but should have been a no brainier really. The Maxton Fork cartridges where more expensive than I had hoped for so I’d better get saving!

3. My view has always been keep the original bits for if (when) it’s sold

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I always keep the old crap I've upgraded, so that I can remove the upgrades at sale time, and put it back on the bike. Not for any purist reasons, simply financial sense. Most of the time the aftermarket parts fetch far more sold separately than they increase the value of a used bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. You are right here. The thing with adding/modifying parts on any bike you have is it never really "adds value" in the eyes of the next purchaser. Some people still think that if they add something that cost £1000 then it adds a percentage of that, (depending upon how old the modification is) to the sale price. If you get the right buyer, someone who really wants that bike with that modiification then you might be in with a chance of getting some of your initial outlay back, but that seldom happens in life.

Me, if I want to change something I do so & either I remove the part/s when I come to sell if I really want top dollar or I just take it on the chin a sell as-is. Depends how I feel on the day really.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information