1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mechanic-ing Help, Please?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Mac, Nov 9, 2021.

1. I've just bought a set of bar risers fir my SuperDuke GT (like in the ebay pic below). Anyone got any ideas how to do up the allen bolts, given that there's not a lot of headspace, please?
    [​IMG]

2. Can you use a "stubby" allen key in there? You can buy them or you could cut one down with an angle grinder.

3. Tighten one side, roll bars into desired position then tighten the other side?

Looks like a crap design though IMO... what problem are you trying to fix?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I had the same thoughts, might be a bit trial and error to get the torque even across the front/rear bolts which is why I suggested the stubby allen key.

Does look like a daft design though.

5. Small Allen bit with a ratchet spanner perhaps ?

6. I can only tighten the front set fully or the back set fully, and the angle is OK but leaves one set inadequately tight.

Trying to solve the problem of achieving higher and nearer bars.

7. That's another problem - mine is Torx head. Can you buy Torx head allen keys? That would probably be the best solution.

8. That's what I thought of but I don't have any Torx bits large enough. Guess I'll have to buy one or a Torx allen key (as above).

Thanks all for the suggestions :)

9. Remove bars. Nip up back one so it just move
    i have some if you want to pop and grab them

10. Thank you, Paul :) I might take you up on that if the T45 bit I ordered on Amazon doesn't do the job.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information