1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Messing About With Dvt

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by JonE, Nov 28, 2015.

1. According to manual it is 25Nm +/- 5% (sequence 1-2-3-4-3 where 1 is top right, 2 top left, 3 bottom right, 4 bottom left) using Shell Retinax HDX2 grease...or do as I did and just do it up until it is tight.

2. Cheers JonE

3. Few more bits done today

Neil

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. I am having the DVT badge on the belt cover replicated in brushed alloy viynl if any one would like one ?
    Post picture next week when it's done :)

Neil

image.jpeg

#44 NJW1967, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  5. Got a few 4 of these left to fit Multi Termi if any one interested bit of wet n dry on the band takes not for highway use away makes it undetectable that it was there

Neil

image.jpeg

6. I did the band with the dremel and used a bit of wet n dry to get the flat finish look, I also removed the big plate, so if you have a spare one id happily buy one.

7. The belt cover has always bothered me a bit aesthetically. Although I know it's designed to bring in cooling air I just wish it looked more "engine" like. More business like, that you'd see on a race engine. Always been a huge fan of old MV cam gear train covers and old Duc shaft drive cam trains. This is no longer an elegant cam drive, this (to me) is a bit gaudy plasticky cam drive.
    The carbon is nice, just wish it looked like the previous ones.

8. Dave
    No problem pm me your address

Neil

9. Hi Neil,
    I'll buy one of those off you mate.

10. Belt cover badges arrived today
    Neil

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  11. I like the silver decals Neil @ first I thought they would not complement the covers but that actually look very smart [emoji106]

Who did them for you !

Painted fairings, not a sticker even the Ducati multistrada is all a paint, they were masked up and lined off the bike, the man is a genius .
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. Who did those for you Dave, they look fantastic!

How much if you don't mind me asking?

Steve

13. Dave
    I have 7 Spare DVT badges Dave they are brushed alloy vinyl to match the Ducati on engine casing if you want one
    Im going to Leicester this afternoon to pick up some spares for my RZV 500 if your anywhere near M1 i could drop off and meet you if not can post one next week
    Paint looks awsome mate concidering having mine done now

Neil

#53 NJW1967, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  14. Like the paint job, which genius did it if you don't mind me asking ?

15. Nice job Neil. Can't think what you've spent on carbon but it makes sense rather than going for the Pikes Peak.

The PP just doesn't stack up. It'll be interesting to see what happens with that bike.

Keep the photos coming.

16. Neil
    I'd be interested in a set of DVT badges if you have any spare, I was just debating order some of those german ones...

Picked up my "Pikes Peak Ltd edition" on Friday, the paint was done at Dream Machine for mine, very happy with it. Just need to get the belly pan and hangers anodised black now.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hi bike looks great pm me your address
    Don't Anodise the belly pan and hangers satin black powder coat is much cheaper and more durable
    My belly pan was chipped underneath after 600 mile with standard anodise silver finish mine are powder coated and I'm sure the pikes peak is too from factory
    Have you got carbon belt cover fitted ?

Neil

#57 NJW1967, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  18. [​IMG]

Cost £750 includes full clear coat lacquering (several coats) of all panels and he did the nose beak as well, he said the Ducati stock paint is very thin and not even lacquered.

Started to build it up today and the paint work is impressive.

19. @ Twin4me what's the finish like, Did the lacquer all the plastics ! Is it all paint !

I used DM several times but when Daz left it wasn't as good .

20. Very happy, All painted... had venture shield on top as well

Do Not Sell My Personal Information