1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Messing About With Dvt

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by JonE, Nov 28, 2015.

1. I'm doing the ventureshield thing (done hundreds of bikes and helmets for bods) but need to give it a few weeks as you can't put it on fresh paint, needs to harden fully otherwise if you ever need to replace a piece it will lift the lacquer straight off .

2. How much is venture shield kit for MS?
    Neil

3. £98 if you do it yourself, it's a complex kit certainly not ideal if you never done it before.

4. I have fitted large vynil pieces with soapy water Dave not wrapping vynil too!!!! but made it fit where normal non ocd types would fail :)
    What are the downfalls of Ventureshild ?
    Neil

5. You need patients and plenty of soapy water (it's actually baby bath and water mix) the multi is a big kit with some big curved pieces, ideally if it's something you have not worked with before, get a off cut and have a play.

As a hobby I used to make my own kits (when not available) by using card templates and used to buy rolls of the 3m stuff from Showtrax international and they also sell the pre-cut kits tbh there's some shite installers around as well i pulled a kit off a bike after a so called dealer had fitted it, it had bubbles and edges lifting [emoji57]

6. What do you charge to fit a kit Dave

Neil

7. I used to do it as an hobby and have never charged anyone most were mates (payment was plenty of tea and choccy biscuits) but I got a little obsessed with the stuff and did helmets - and vehicle fronts however My other job means I'm too busy and now I struggle to find the time to do my own bikes (I have 2 that need doing + fork legs)

I would have never made it pay or charged appropriate because I'm a fussy fooker with a slight OCD and only perfect is acceptable.

8. The back of the tank and the side sections by the seat looked very tricky to me... I think I just need a couple of little sections still doing.

9. Hi,
    I've got an evo tech radiator and oil guard to fit to my MTS dvt. Do you know the torque settings for the radiator bolts? And are there torque settings for the body panels?
    If you don't know can you point me to a site where I can find them?
    Thanks

10. They are all given in the workshop manual.
    Radiator Upper retaining screw - M6 x 1 = 10 Nm
    Radiator Lower retaining screw - M6 x 1 = 8 Nm
    The body panel M5 x 0.8 screws are mainly = 2 or 3 Nm.

11. That's great, thanks Pete.

12. Hi. Do you still have 1 of these left. If so how much to post to Leeds. Thanks in advance.

13. Brilliant, you don't have any of the Cam Belt Cover 'Testastretta' badges still spare do you and how much to buy and post UK?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information