1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metzler Td Slicks... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by JamieW, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Interested in views from those that have tried them. Just threw a set on and done half a trackday on them. Not pushed them mega hard so far. Not that I'm breaking lap records on a good day anyway. I tried going out on them cold, unscrubbed (they say you don't need warmers) and no, you can't unless you don't value your bike. Maybe scrubbed, but don't throw em on and try to be a hero.

Seem good value for money (tad under 300 a set for me). Happy if they last 2-3 trackdays. My Racetec rr K2 rear was completely finished after 1 and half trackdays. Probably 1 really, but had to get a little more out of it cause they were bleeding expensive.

2. Wouldn't ever go full beans lap 1 without warmers personally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. :scream::scream::scream:

eeeeek!!! Dunno about the Metzelers but Dunlop’s feel as if they’re made of soap when cold.... o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. These were like that, but Metzler advertised them originally as slicks that didn't need warmers, however when trying to get a screenshot, I noticed they changed it to say no thermal issues due to quick warm up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have them on my Daytona 675 and have done 6 sessions at Donny on them so far. Air temp 14 degrees. Cold pressure 32/25 f/r. I used warmers all day.
    Wear was good. I think probably good for at least 4 (probably more) full days, especially as the rear can be flipped.
    Grip wise I had no moments at all but I would be hard pressed to tell the difference between them and a Pirelli SC.
    For me the cost is attractive (I paid £265 for both and got a free GB Racing lever guard thrown in from No Limits shop). I will definitely use again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Good to hear. Was hoping they would have good life in them and as you say, for a smidge under 300 quid is a bargain.

7. Dunlop KR are lethal in colder weather!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. They can be used cold but why if you don’t have to? Keep them warm and they will last better :upyeah:

Tried them a few years ago, not enough grip for my heavy handedness, gave to a mate after one day and he did 4 race meets on them on his 996 and loved them.

9. Agreed ref warmers, I only did it cause he had finished changing them 1 min before my session went out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. oh I Know! Boy do I know!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Me too. Long wait in pits plus 9deg overcast plus graham hill bend equals broken elbow

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information