1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mhr 900 Carb Problem?

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by Derek, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Of course...........silly me............thanks Derek. I forgot there was a 'choke' lever on my Guzzi which operated two cables, one to each of the carbs. (well, it was back in the mid 80s when I sold it).

2. My Guzzi has a separate 'choke' lever on each carb (PHF36). Once the engine starts, you turn them off one at a time.

#22 Pete1950, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  3. As I recall, some models had separate choke levers on the carbs, others had a remote lever with cables to the carbs. I was looking at a MkII Le Man today which had cables to the carbs.

4. 500SL and 600SL Pantahs had PHF36 carbs very similar to Guzzi Le Mans 850s. The Pantah ones all had cable chokes, since levers on the carbs would be less accessible on a Ducati than on a Guzzi.

5. Some later Ducati bevels like the 900S2 and the mille 1000 MHR had PHM 40's with cable chokes in place of the ticklers simply because there was no access to the rear carb. but the choke mechanism was always an addition to the carb body where as on the PHF it was cast in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information