1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mhr In For Mot

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by cookster, May 17, 2020.

1. I'm only 5'9" and have short legs... where there's a will there's a way. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. There is a knack to starting them as well, I could do it in slippers but stopped after it kicked back and snapped the kickstart. Fitted one from a Z1 ...

3. Was that the unreliable 1970's Ducati period.;)

4. I once ran out of petrol on the fireblade many moons ago and i thought that was heavy pushing it to a juice station.

5. They all weigh a ton if you have to push them very far or even a little distance if there's a bloody incline!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Especially on a hot summers day like mine was.:sweat:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 8
  7. One day I just might take you up on that! It's very kind of you to offer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. You should go for that, don't pass the opportunity up. Lovely offer!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. You're welcome. NB. I am in London, so not entirely simple to arrange if you are in the arctic.

A couple of years ago a friend, Andrew N., offered to let me have a go on his 1974 750SS greenframe. But then he was offered £145K for it, so he sold it and I never got the ride. The buyer soon asked £165K for the same bike, but found no takers.

Last week Ray P. had a go on a different greenframe which he had just restored, before returning it to its owner. He said that the fact it's worth around £150K preyed on his mind, so he was not able to enjoy the ride to the full. A bit stressful.

MHRs go for around £25K, depending on which model and on year, condition and provenance. So no more stressful than (say) a new V4.

"Having goes" on cheaper bikes is actually more fun because less stressful.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ray put some good videos on YouTube and his "Bike Shed" video was cool too. I only just realised he's Mr DMOL too!

#52 Fire3500, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information