1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Bonney Aka Gizmo, One Of Our Own .....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dibble, Nov 5, 2019.

1. very moving stuff. makes my woes seem pretty pathetic.
    RIP ducati dude..
    thanks for posting @Dibble

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Desperately sad. God bless. Condolences to those who were close to him.

3. Very sad to read this. Having read many of your posts, your frustrations have been clear to see, but you tried many times to be positive. Ride high in the Sky, you'll be as free as a bird when you arrive.

4. I was moved to tears reading Michaels goodbye on Facebook at lunchtime
    I’m truly humbled and respect him so much following his story after his accident that changed his life forever

He has been in my thoughts all day with a lump in my throat

:(

• Love You Love You x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Rest in peace Michael I didn’t know you but your words were very moving.

6. I didn’t know Michael but have read his posts over the years. what a moving farewell. A brave decision. Big respect. Rest in peace.

7. There are no words to describe the dignity and courage of this very real gentleman.........tuition for us all I feel.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. I first met Michael fifteen years or so ago. Me and Mrs W were at a cafe in Middleton in Teesdale sitting outside in the freezing cold with our dogs when he pulled up on a GS. Of course we got talking about bikes and he told me about the Ducati up north forum which he had started. His enthusiasm was obvious, not just for bikes but for life in general.
    I bumped into him a few times over the years at various bike venues and he was always great craic.
    The last time I saw him was at James Cook hospital just a day after his accident. I was there on another matter and didn’t know he’d been hurt. Although his situation was dire his main concern was for Linzi and his family which was typical of the man.
    Gods speed Michael your pain is finally over.

• Like Like x 3
  9. RIP
    Thanks for posting @Dibble

Enjoy each day.

10. Respect. RIP.

11. Very moving words, tears in my eyes reading this post. I am truly humbled and gives real perspective for me, I didn’t know Michael but wish I had, RIP.
    Condolences to family, friends and all that knew him.

12. Very moving words. Huge respect for both Michael & his loved ones, RIP fella

13. Feck me. That’s moving:weary_face: RIP Gizmo

14. Bravery & fantastic dignity. Rest in peace.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Lovely guy. Used to see him regularly at Hartside cafe where we chatted Ducati over a coffee. Very sad.

16. Incredibly moving post.

17. :heart: As those who have posted so rightly observe, what an incredibly moving and emotional statement from what is clearly an honourable, decent, well-respected person.
    Enormous humility and humanity too.
    Rest in peace now. Love and very best, sincere wishes to all you so regrettably have to leave behind. :pensive:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Good point. Everybody ought to get to choose the journey's end, but sadly the law as it stands today severely limits those choices.

A moving farewell from a dignified man.

19. Rip
    Ar a dheis de go raibh a anam.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information