1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Bonney Aka Gizmo, One Of Our Own .....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dibble, Nov 5, 2019.

1. 529 comments on his Facebook page says a lot about the man.
    I loved the story from his mate about bunking off work at the ROF to hang around the stage door where the Police were playing at Newcastle uni and Michael blagging free entry as roadies for the night. Apparently Stewart Copeland was offering speed around and wanted to know if any girls would like to meet the band ......

2. Very very eloquently written ,but, so , sad it brought tears to my eyes ,God speed to you Michael

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I shamefully lost contact over the last few years with Mike and Linzi, (and also all my other Ducatisti friends...)

Such a courageous decision by Gizmo, after such a hard fight to try and make a life under extraordinarily difficult circumstances.

Sleep well Mike, and Linzi, stay strong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Unfortunately I never had the pleasure meet or know Michael but wish I had, RIP.
    Condolences to family, friends and all that knew him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just as an update from Michael's (Linzi) facebook page, late last night.

Michael, for those who don’t already know, passed away on Saturday afternoon in a peaceful and dignified manner at home as he wished. I feel so sad Michael felt unable to continue on but at the same time I’ll take solace that he is finally free from suffering and at peace.

At this sad time I’m minded of a conversation we had shortly after his accident, at a time when he still had dreams and the reality of complete paralysis was sinking in. He told me of a dream he had the previous night and how gutted he felt to wake to the realisation it was only a dream - he told me:

I dreamt of my hands and legs being stung by nettles as I rip down the trail that leads to the Beamish Burn, it's dry dusty and all I hear is the laughter from JMC and Colin D who lead me down, Brian F is behind me and the summer sun is setting, it’s a perfect biking night, I'm hoping it's not just a dream but something I'll look forward to with my old buddies.....

Well Michael, I hope you can finally feel the adrenaline burn in your legs, I hope those nettles are stinging like fuck and most of all I hope you are free of suffering and pain and are riding hard and fast with your buddies who went before you...... ride free my love xx

• Like Like x 11
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
  6. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Very sorry to hear this sad news.

Tim

• Like Like x 2
  8. I didn’t know him but I can’t help but admire the dignity and courage of the man. What a terrible thing to happen to someone who loved bikes and the outdoors and I can see why he took the decision he did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I'm sad that I can't add anything to this. So many wondeful tributes. A wonderful human being.

10. 42CA4B45-C2E0-45F3-BD3F-4A48A47C15D8.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  11. Ive only just seen this post and didn't know Michael, but he was clearly a man of dignity, honesty and no little sense of humour. If nothing else it has put my own minor issues into perspective.
    Obviously thoughts are with Linzi and his family at this time. Christmas is never good for the recently bereaved.

Take care people. It's an unforgiving world out there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. My my what a sad read. But what a brave man.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. :broken_heart:

• Like Like x 1
  14. 2 years ago :broken_heart:

15. :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rest easy Michael

• Like Like x 3
  17. :broken_heart: a timely reminder - one life, live it as best you can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Every now and again my FB timeline pops up with some memories of Michael, me, others together... could be just sat at his and Linzi's house, could be somewhere in Scotland on the bikes, could be covered in mud on the mountain bikes.

I still remember the call from Linzi about his accident as if it was yesterday and getting in the car and going up to Middlesbrough to see him in a spinal care ward, he knew then what the remainder of his life was going to be like, I'm glad he finally managed to go as he wanted.

I just hope Linzi and his friends/family are OK at this time of year.

• Agree Agree x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information