1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Rutter On Board V4 Panni At Iom

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Noods, Jan 17, 2019.

1. A sense overload, just awesome

2. Mind bending stuff, I can’t even process what’s going on properly watching the video, can’t even imagine what it would be like on the bike :no_mouth:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. If you just look from the neck up he looks like he should be at the local bowling green, incredible man.

4. I think the sight of the dash in the video makes this something we can all relate to, a road bike been rode pretty well to the limit, something we can all buy but we certainly cannot ride it like that, I find this video incredible I can relate to it so much been there a zillion times looking at the speedo and revs thinking I’m doing ok, but the reality is just scratching the surface, this fella is riding the wheels off what is very high performance motorbike.....absolute respect.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Wow they have done well with the fuel economy! my 1199 only got 70 miles before the light came on:laughing:

6. Why does the speedo go blank past 185?

7. was a gentlemen’s agreement a few years ago between manufacturers (thought it was japanese though) that bikes would not exceed 186 mph, they did that to prevent the powers that be putting a cap on it themselves, the hayabusa was touching 200mph ok 194 but it was getting daft, so they policed themselves before the handcuffing started, the 195 thing on Rutters dash is similar to the child sitting in the corner with eyes closed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. To put it simply, the speedo reads as high as 186 and that’s it, once this speed is exceeded it goes blank however the bike can and does still accelerate. With speedo error he probably is doing roughly 175-185 legit.

On the older GSXR’s they would have restrictions in 1st,2nd and 6th. The restriction in 6th was to actually stop the bike from exceeding the 186mph, but you could fit something like the atre which would remove the restrictions and the bike would keep on pulling in 6th, even though the speedo still stopped at 186.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sorry 185 on rutters dash

10. 185 mph with the sun in your eyes! :scream:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just watched it again, remember when the horse ended up on the road and a rider went into it, you can just imagine what a horror it must be if something strolls across the road

12. It goes to dashes at 186 though :)

13. Well I wasn’t far off then :)

14. 1 :eyes:

15. 300kph gentleman's agreement between manufacturers to stop people going for bragging rights and ending up as pâté

186mph is as near as damn it 300kph :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Funny that is very similar to all test scores I achieved at school when I actually went.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Can’t actually comprehend how quickly he’s up to speed! ✊

18. Yes I think it’s 80mph in first gear and I guess when the speedo stops showing a speed at all he’s flat..

19. speedo blanks at 182 ish but rev counter keeps climbing. Must be up near 200 mph ..

20. Bike is still pulling, it’s just the speedo doesn’t read any higher.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information