1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Michelin Power Rs Tyres

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by James85, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Admin please move as appropriate,
    Anyone tries the new Michelin tyres? specifically interested if you have a 899. Ive already spoken to DanABZ who highly rates them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. My local Michelin dealer Neil at Craigston Tyres was just out in Qatar for the official launch of these. Will hopefully get a chat with him in the next few weeks. I'm planning on fitting a set the next time I need tyres.

MCN gave them a very good review and they are generally a Pirelli and Metzler biased publication..... Read into that what you will.....

• Like Like x 2
  3. I read the MCN review but it was on a warm European track I think. I would like to know what they are like in the real uk weather.

4. I run the previous model the Supersport Evo and they are excellent, have commuted through winter and done a couple of trackdays with them..... the RS are supposed to be even better so reckon they should be ace

#4 frazzle, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  5. Hi James,

I also run the Mich supersport evo's, have done for the last two years, they suit the 899 perfectly, better than the Pirelli's I think.

They grip really well and a rear lasts me about 2,500 - 2,700 miles or so and they at least have wear bars near to the centre of the tyre so you can see when they are getting down, unlike the standard Pirelli's which are very difficult to judge when they are almost shot.
    But unfortunately the supersport evo's have now been made obsolete by the Power RS's

[​IMG]

I'm sure the Power RS's will be at least as good as these, but the front RS does not seem to have much tread pattern so may not be quite as good on wet roads, but that's a guess from me as I haven't tried the RS's yet... great tyres, go for it!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've just had a set put on my Hypermotard last week and, took them to get slowly scrubbed in over the weekend...they feel very solid. Chose these over the PR4s which for my riding, weekends and an odd track day, will more likely suit. There's a new review on BSN which gives them the thumbs up.

Tested: Michelin’s brand new Power RS in Qatar - Bikesport News

• Like Like x 1
  7. It was Neil that suggested them to me as well. Had a good deal on at the time so I figured why not, I'm glad I gave them a shot! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. I just put some supercorsa sp on my 959 and they're way better than the DRC it came with

I hated the front tyre feeling of the DRC - at times I actually thought I had a puncture it was so odd especially at low speed but the supercorsa feels a lot better

9. That's funny as I don't get on with the front Rosso 3 either. I thought it was just in my head. A friend of mine mentioned these tyres to me so I'll be trying a set soon.

10. I have a set ordered so will be able to give my feedback in a few weeks

11. I've gone for a set Of these today

Had been using supercorsa sp up till now but never really like the front end feel on a super less or diablo corsa Rosso so giving the michelins a try

12. I've gone for a set Of these today

Had been using supercorsa sp up till now but never really like the front end feel on a super less or diablo corsa Rosso so giving the michelins a try

13. Took bike out quickly today to check new rearsets are ok and fook me these michelins are good.

Night and day compared to the pirellis. Can actually feel the front end now. Bike turns in much better. So far very impressed. Rear tyre edge is extremely soft though so don't think they will like the track though

Do Not Sell My Personal Information