1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid To North Wales On Sunday 20th Ride Out ?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by fight the streets fmd, May 17, 2018.

1. Im currently saving up my brownie points for when i really need it...!!

2. He was on about chlamydia ;)

3. Dunno what kind of ride hes going on then...! :)

4. We need to organise a rideout with enough people to use the drop off system, that way everyone can enjoy the day at a pace they feel comfortable with. Kudos for stating your preference, certainly wouldn't want anyone to follow and feel outside of their comfort zone. We all tend to differ in the pace we ride at. Wouldn't rate myself as 'very fast indeed', it's all relative. I have relaxed riding times too, though getting out so infrequently these days when I'm out I tend to get my fill.

From Builth Wells I'd be inclined to do something like this. You could return via Portmeirion, Harlech and Barmouth for those places alone, the road itself isn't great (the village of Portmeirion probably needs more time than you'll have to do it justice for the entrance fee). An ice cream overlooking Harlech Castle is an option. The Penmaenpool Toll bridge can be an interesting experience

#24 Bumpkin, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Problem we have Betws will be on our way home. I think we will be there around 3.30 to 4 ish. A better place (for us) would be Rhug Café. We should be landing there around 11.15 to 11.45. That way you could ride with us to Bala, Barmouth, and then decide if you want to head over to Betws or back home. Its a bit difficult with you living so far away from us I suppose. Myself, Phil Terry and Ian will be joining up at the Poplar 2000 services on the M6/M56 junction between 10-10.30, if anyone wants to meet there that's fine, just let us know.

Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks no worries, my other half has a family emergency so I will do a run up to Heathrow on Sunday instead, for her to catch the plane to Australia:oops:

#26 fight the streets fmd, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  7. Llandudno has a big Porsche event on this weekend if you make it that far

8. Well due to unforeseen circumstances it ended up just myself and my mate Phil waking the valleys up with unbaffled termis last sunday. Ian and Terry had to drop out, but we had a top ride all the same.

Left Warrington around 10 ish and first stop at Rhug. Bit disappointed on 2 counts. Firstly, they have changed the sausage rolls which used to be delicious, to a now average and smaller type, and they have gone up from £1.50 to £2.95, and secondly not really many bikes out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's me and Phil at Rhug, he's the guy with the Red Diavel, mines the Dark.
    Anyways onto Bala and a quick stop by the lake. Again, not really as many bikes as I thought would be out given the weather. Quick fuel up and onto Barmouth.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Parked up outside The Last Inn and had a cheeky shandy. Just further along theres a really nice chippy, so we got some human fuel and sat on the harbour with it for a while. Bikes were coming and going as we ate our chips.

[​IMG]

We set of on the homeward leg, via Blaneau, over the hills and dropped into Betws. By this time it was getting on for 4 oclock and there was still a healthy amount of bikes there. Quick icecream and we're off again. Decided to do the Ponderosa on the way home. Stopped for a brew then shot back. The M53 was crap at that time as expected, but we got behind a couple of others on bikes and filtered.

All in all, a really nice day out on the Diavels. Cant wait to do it again.

Stuart

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information