1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid Wales This Sunday (14th October)

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Bumpkin, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Proposing a ride into mid Wales this coming Sunday. A couple of variables that might knock it into the long grass for me though: Yet to be clarified situation with daughter being ferried to a football match she's playing in locally by one of the other parents. Plus if the weather takes a turn for the worse. I don't mind a bit of rain but if it looks like it's chucking it down all day then I'll bail and do something else. Thought I had better put it up here all the same so anyone who's interested can consider joining in.

I'll be riding from Ledbury, in the rain if the BBC are to be believed, to Builth Wells via Hereford, Kington and 100 Houses road into Builth. I'll be filling up at the Texaco here and then going to the Strand Cafe for breakfast. Should arrive at about 10am. Will then ride this route departing from the Strand at about 11am.

Route will be as follows:
    Builth Wells > Upper Chapel > Garth > Beulah > Newbridge on Wye > Rhayader > Elan Valley (via reservoirs) > Devil's Bridge > Aberystwyth > Machynlleth > mountain road to Llanidloes > Newtown > Crossgates.

Join me from Ledbury (PM for details) or meet at the Strand Cafe, Builth Wells. Planning on stopping for lunch at PD's Diner on the seafront at Aberystwyth. Ride will finish at Crossgates but anyone heading back East is welcome to join me cross country to Ledbury or dropping off at any point along the route.

#1 Bumpkin, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Would do, Chas, but I'm not allowed to drive/ride at the moment.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Next time, presume it's the back? ISTR that you had/have back issues...

4. I know that I said that I might do it. Forecast for rain tomorrow here and Hereford. I may give it a miss.

5. Well, weather looks absolute poo, especially this morning, so am going to bail and possibly go for a shorter ride this afternoon. Will look into running this route on Thursday if I can arrange dog care. Typical of our shite weather, have the dogs in kennels today to make this possible, waste of £80 :mad:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. OK, doing this route (in post#1) on Wednesday this week (17th). Meet at Strand Cafe, Builth Wells, no idea what it's like. I'll be there for some late brekkie shortly after 10am with the intention of leaving at 11 to ride the route above. Either that or meet along route, before or after Builth Wells to suit, let me know. I reckon I should be leaving Ledbury around 8:30-8:45am. Post below if interested in coming along.

#6 Bumpkin, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  7. I was going to come out on Wednesday but I don't think that I'll have time. Weather very good in Gloucestershire this afternoon and so I hope it stays fair for you.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Thanks, was near Cardiff this lunchtime and in the Valleys this afternoon, a bit grey and damp to start with but dried out and brightened quite a bit as the day went on. Looking forward to a day on the bike tomorrow. Just me and a guy I've known for ages off another forum.

9. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Those fish and chips look yummy!
    I had my first chip shop dinner on Tuesday
    Managed the fish then the kids swooped in to finish the chips!!

9994C98A-2EC5-40C3-9D96-F1546375C917.jpeg

11. I think Bumkin had the better deal there DB with the Chish & Fips ..... i personally wouldn't have fed the shitehawks with them chips. :astonished:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Looks a good run. I think that you are about 35 miles (30 Minutes) away from me. Do post when you are doing it again.

13. Will do :upyeah:

14. Add Steel Horse to a stopping place, looked decent food and coffee wasn’t too bad. Just off A40 tooo so easy to find

15. Steel Horse Cafe is on my FoD, Monmouth, Usk, Abergavenny, Skenfrith, Ross loop. They always seems to have finished serving food for some reason or another when I've gone there in the past though.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information