1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miles Or Year When Buying A Bike (diavel)?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by 749man, Oct 30, 2018.

1. I'd personally be looking at the condition and history, then make the decision from there. In a few years time, the plate won't make a hapeth of difference.Things like corroded fittings, paint ships etc would bug me and cost money to fix. I've seen rough low mile bikes and mint high mile bike in the past.

Look at them both if they are local or get some high res pics sent if they aren't.

2. Viewed them and tbh both are mint, the 16 bike also has the shad panniers (useful) touring screen and sat nav (useful) and the DP frame bungs and reservoir caps ( nice bits) the £500 extra feels worth it even though has 6000 miles more, the older bike will have new tyres on it FOC whilst the 16 bike doesn't need them. I've just mailed the 16 plate dealer and asked for the 15k service to be included :)
    Biggest issue is the older bike is being offered with super low rate finance which makes it £25 per month less (yes I'm being tight)
    hahahha

3. A used vehicle is always a gamble..
    I would certainly buy based on conditions never on mileage of age, even better if possible to discuss with the seller to see what kind of person he is.
    Hence I would go towards option B.
    There are a lots of good and bad owners out there.

Example of guy trying to look after his bike.
    He started the bike in the winter let it idle until the cooling fan came on and then let it idle for another 15-20minutes :astonished: :worried: obviously the engine got really hot and the ECU cut the ignition off. Next days was fine..but the fella expected the manufacturer to investigate as should not cut off with only 700miles on the clocks.

4. I'm getting too old to understand these new fangled plate numbers......

5. Eh? One is 2014 and the other is 2016.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dealer says its at 18000 miles but still glad you made me think about it :)

7. Correct - I am a fud......

8. Ah I stand corrected. I got my panigale at 12000 miles and and 15000 came about quick....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information