1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Milky Oil

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by canaryman, May 1, 2019.

1. Worth a try at that price considering the mileage, see what happens :):upyeah:

2. Ok thanks for the advice plus putting on the link to Autotrader

• Like Like x 1
  3. That 998S needs a good deal of TLC. Looks like it's been kept outside, or in a damp shed, for a few years.

4. Don't worry, there's no shame in having a stammer...

5. I cannot help but compare my 998 that's for sale to the 998S, the downpipes on the exhaust for instance look as if they are in need of a good dose of Autosol!...I appreciate that not everyone is as fussy as myself when it comes to keeping a bike looking immaculate, especially when selling, buy hey ho I suppose we are all different in how we view things, p.s my 998 is still for sale, starting to wonder if anyone actually wants it, and yes I do appreciate that It's not exactly cheap!

6. Jeez man has that ever seen a road? That is a clean bike. Canaryman? Anything to do with the green & yellow army? If so I wish you double the luck with the sale. OTBC!

7. Hi, thanks for the compliment regarding my 998, however I'm going to have disappoint you with regard to my "handle" of Canaryman, it's due to the fact that my father keeps canaries!...although I can quote Delia Smith who once uttered the phrase "Let's be having them" or something along those lines!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. might not be as clean but mechanically it looks like its been gone through by a pro so thats worth something to someone.... its cheaper to get an old duc looking good than it is to get an old duc upto a certain standard of mechanical fitness i guess

whilst yours is low miles and has had fluids and belts changed regularly, would a serious buyer expect some 'recommissioning' costs in getting perishable items replaced if they wanted to use it?

certainly no expert but just curious given its in a category of one so find another i guess

9. Hi, when I purchased the bike in 2010, the previous owner had a hotel with a motorsport room within the hotel and the bike was given pride of place on the wall. As part of the deal the bike received a full mail dealer service, mileage at that point was 1500. Since I've had the bike, each time the belts have been renewed at the main Ducati dealership in Cardiff(Riders, unfortunately now closed) the bike has received a full mechanical check to make sure any perishables, brake pads/coolant hoses/tyres etc were all in good order. Bearing that in mind, hopefully whoever purchases the bike, will be free of any worries on that score. I can honestly say that the bike is both mechanically and bodywork wise in great condition.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sounds excellent... is all of what you say backed up by supporting invoices etc?

11. As regards supporting invoices, obviously each time Riders did any work on the bike, they provided myself we receipts/ health check on the bike etc. I have kept a file of any work/money associated with the bike, so in the event of anyone coming to view the bike, hopefully they will be sufficiently satisfied that all is in order.

12. Ok folks, it's time to bite the bullet and lower the asking price of my 998. So basically I've lowered the price by £500, so now it's down to £9950, so let's see if we get any takers this time, frustrating I know, but that's how things go sometime!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information