1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Mine !

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Android853sp, Sep 27, 2018.

1. hope the wait was worth it and the weather stays on your side so you can get out )

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Andy, congrats dude, htr. Stunning bit of kit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Front brake lever protector. Andy

4. Just testing after PDI, make sure it hits the double ton :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Why? Or am I being dense?

6. Is it so the front brake can't be accidentally applied while shoving the bike around in the workshop?

7. Part of the PDI and I know who did the road test. Need I say more :D ? Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Go back several BSB seasons at Brands Hatch and a rider was making his way through the assembling grid when a mechanic stepped back into his path and caught his front brake lever. End result, a very sore pair of bollocks and a damaged, unrideable bike before the sighting lap. Fast forward and the protector is now compulsory in competition. I have a protector fitted to both my current track bikes as there is a risk of the brake lever being vulnerable during pit lane manoeuvring and you never know when you could run across Romano. As the protector on my V4 was part of the Rizoma bling package, I thought I might as well look the part because I certainly won’t be riding like I can play the part :D Andy

#71 Android853sp, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Interesting, and makes sense. Thanks and I wish you well with her :upyeah:

10. They also help protect your brake lever from being snapped off if broadsided from an overtaking bike and stop the brake being applied if you clip the back of someone on track.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. hope you manage to get some miles on the bike before winter. the 6k rev limit comes up very quickly when you running it in!! (the 1299FE looks great too next to your V4S, fantastic bike too!!)

12. Andy,
    Cant wait to hear your thoughts on it, I know you don't plan on going to the full system yet but it really brings out the best on the bike. I got a chance to ride one with the stock set-up and it's still great but do not feel the same as the akra.

13. After having folding mirrors on my 1199 I was disappointed at my V4 having fixed mirrors, really awkward in garage/van/manoeuvring. So I have modelled an interface part and once by that I’d proven from model then have CNC machined from aircraft grade ali’(reckoned to be strong as steel) then used these very subtle interface parts to neatly fit to my V4 a pair of 1199 folding mirrors. All this using Ducati original rigid mirrors fixing points on chassis and hence without through all this any interference with Factory build construction. My ending up with firmly mounted folding mirrors that from 2 big Ducati Dealers observation, look awesome. I will if anyone is interested load some pic’s to better illustrate.

14. Wow, a bit of a thread resurrection there :astonished:.

Welcome to the forum PaulT:upyeah: It might be an idea to introduce yourself in the Newbies section complete with pictures. Then, I’m sure pictures of your adaptation would be most welcome in the Panigale section, HTH

15. The resurrection of this thread reminded me I owed some feed back. I have been riding for 53 years, I have ridden bikes that many now consider The British classics and I've ridden Ducatis for over 20 years, the latest being the 1098R. Running the V4 in on the road was an experience that is hard to put into words but just incredible. Having now fitted the race exhaust and had track days in Spain and on the Silverstone GP circuit, I can safely assert, I have NEVER ridden a bike of its equal. I chopped 7 seconds a lap off my times on the 1098R at Almeria and know that with more miles and the transition to slicks, I can be quicker still. Each new to me bike I ride, I say, this is my forever bike but the V4 is IMO, the pinnacle. It don't get any better than this in my world. Andy

• Like Like x 3
  16. Oooft, so you like it Andy? :) Me too. I'm quicker on the V4S too, but not 7 seconds! I'm wary of hopping on the 1098R now with it's rawness and no electronics to lean on :eek:

17. I'm going to put the 1098R back into road trim, get the belts done and then move it on as I'm not going to ride it again. I don't see the point any more as I know it will feel pedestrian and I'm not a collector. Hopefully go most of the way to paying for a V4 Multistrada in 2021. Andy

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information