1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Cooper S

Discussion in 'Non bike stuff for sale' started by DucatiScud, Aug 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tempted for my 17 year old daughter, who rather disappointingly hasn't even yet applied for her provisional, and the Cooper would probably cost more to insure for her than buy for her.....

And yet.....would it encourage her....maybe it would, maybe step dad could occasionally drive it.....can I pull this off :thinkingface::eyes:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Subtle bin work in pics 2 and 3 for DB - Classy :upyeah:
    Looks like a good example, which is increasingly rare as too many don’t get looked after, and it will go up in value over time if kept well. Sadly not in the market for one currently but if I was, this would be at mine already !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Can you PM me please @DucatiScud I csnt start a conversation :mad::(

• Like Like x 1
  4. Perhaps @Rob has pulled one or two computer leads just to keep the running costs down.;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Same here we searched through loads
    Did a tour of the M25 viewing 5 minis and the last one we viewed I had my eye on as the registration was perfect and it had all the kit on it including the dials

#25 Ducbird, Aug 21, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I wouldn’t let either of my kids have one until experienced driving for a while. My boy wants to drive it I said no.
    They are pocket rockets

7. Sooo you're saying forget the car, get her a panigale instead? :thinkingface:

Why didn't I think of that, thanks Viv :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. In a word Micra, my Daughter has a Micra bought as a chitter £650 scratched to hell dented to hell. On a provisional licence cost her £330 to insure as a learner driver TPFT. On her lessons should she start sit in the back and watch/listen to the driving instructor, then you can sit in with her having extra lessons cheaply.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mine has a 1.4 micra as her first car
    Its quick but controllable I was surprised when I took it for a test drive
    Quick enough to get her out of trouble with a bit of oomph without being on top of the car in front too quickly

• Like Like x 1
  10. Don't want to piss on your parade there Komrad but IIRC it is a road traffic offence to carry a passenger, other than the instructor, in a learner marked car - be careful out there!

11. Thank god there's no police on this forum :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. The rules for supervising a learner driver
    Be at least 21 years old. Have a full driving licence (for the type of vehicle they are supervising in – manual or automatic), which must have been held for a minimum of three years. Ensure the car is in a safe and legal condition.

Provided driver is fully insured and accompanying instructor meets or exceeds the necessary requirements, additional passenger(s) may be carried as they themselves may already be fully qualified.
    That’s all I could find. Hope it’s helpful.

#32 Shoboshi, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Check the insurance first. Anything over 3 horsepower for 17 year olds is staggering…

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. It’ll be on the driving instructor, no parade has been wee wee’d on his risk and fine.:)

15. Deposit taken.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Thread closed then?

17. Yep

18. Comes with a full tank of petrol.

19. Used up all the fuel in the tank on the test drive, he wanted to see it driven hard through all the gears.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. No doubt, that's what they're built for.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information