1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfire / Is This Fuel Spray Normal?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by PeteW, Oct 12, 2019.

1. I've got a misfire/stutter that I thought might be electrical but now I'm not so sure. When I look inside the filler with the engine running I can see a spray of fuel from just below the filler cap and I'm wondering if it's normal. You can see it in this photo. The bike stutters and spits as I start to open the throttle. Could be my imagination but I think the spray got worse at misfire. Last weekend it felt like it dropped on to one cylinder. Possible split fuel line or normal?

Screenshot_20191012-151722_Video Player.jpg

2. Yeah split hose

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Or loose hose clip

4. Thanks for the quick reply fellas. Much appreciated
    Guess I'll have to face the music and pull the fuel pump assembly out. Think I better order at least 10 of those big green sealing rings..

5. https://www.polymax.co.uk/
    I get my o rings from here, I get half a dozen at a time I also get the fuel quick connector o rings at the same time. Very cheap.
    87p each for the big ones 15p for the quick releice coupling, they are viton, I seem to remember there is a minimum order cost though.
    Steve

#5 Birdie, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Thanks Birdie. I see polymax list 2 almost identical o-rings, one for 87p and one ending in 'FDA' for £5.27. Do you know the difference?

I was looking at the pump assembly.. I'm wondering what the white thing is that I've circled in this pic, as it seems that the spray I'm seeing could be coming from the right angle pipe at the top, and it looks like it's part of the fuel return circuit(?)

fuel pump assembly.png

7. I have used the BS 247 V75 which are the 87p ones, they are black in colour and have been using them for 10 years trouble free, the specs say chemical and fuel proof.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information