1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missed Adventures

Discussion in 'Touring' started by apuhtred, Jan 25, 2017.

1. This is a tour company that I am thinking of going to Spain with. Anybody used them and what did you think.

Regards Steve

2. Not used a tour operator, just no need. From our 1st trip in 08, France with no hotels pre booked, we arrange every thing ourselves. Next trip in July will be through Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Germany. Pre booked hotels on this one as we have a specific route in mind taking passes such as Timmelsjoch.
    Benefits include going as fast or slow as we want. We dictate the size of the group, the company we keep and the ability to change plans last minute if the weather does not play nice. Go exactly when you want on a morning and its not a riding procession!
    Euro tours are bloody easy tbh. A phrase book (if you dont speak the lingo) and a good smart phone so you can access booking.com or similar are all you need.
    Spain is very biker friendly. Unless you have particular reason to want a different area, then the Pyrenees and the Picos offer exceptional roads. Lovely people, cheap food and drink. Avoid Barcelona unless you like Russian roulette on your bike with the other traffic;)
    Some thing further afield and exotic like Morocco then I would consider a tour/guide for security reasons. Western Europe is no problem though IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thread moved

4. Cheers for this very helpful.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information