1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Surfer In Hastings Found Alive

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dirty Leeds, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Have you tried it ? Land yacht racing is extremely exhilarating. Andy

2. Only in my dreams.;):upyeah:

3. A bit late to the party but I heard the interview with he RNLI guy on Radio 4 at lunchtime!
    So this wanker goes out surfing in a storm that is widely forecast to be terrible. The Hastings lifeboat gets called out and many people risk their lives to rescue the dumb f5ck. Conditions are so bad that when they return to their lifeboat station, it takes 3 attempts to return to the station. I think that they may of given up and gone to a nearby station.

My opinion is the dumb fu38 should have an oar shoved up his backside to demonstrate to all of the other glory seekers that there are consequences to being stupid OR nobody should bother try and rescue idiots - if they breed then the gene pool is weakened.

my thoughts and I accept that I may be biased but many. many people have suffered - or been killed - through no fault of their own, but due to the exceptional weather. So, why add to the problems with stupidity?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Unpopular opinion:

[Redacted]

Carry on!

5. Perhaps we can have the same attitude as above applied to migrants wasting our time & money channel hopping and causing major problems for this counties finances & rescue resources.Yes the man's a unfortunate idiot,but a Uk citizen & paying his taxes and got it wrong big time.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Why doesn't our government deport them back to France? The deportation tactic is frequently used on other migrants so I'm curious?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dunno for sure but I think that the gig is to deport back to the FIRST EU country that they entered. And nobody can say for sure what country that is. It is in all of the EU countries interests to deny that it was their country. The migrants know better than anyone else that the EU is rubbish and so they all want to come here!!!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. My view is,handout a blanket with a hot drink first & then place them on the next ferry outward bound,then this way no nonsense/no problems.

9. Storm Ciara: 'Risking their lives' for a wave selfie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-51444877/storm-ciara-risking-their-lives-for-a-wave-selfie

Mumbles Coastguard cliff rescue team tweeted:
    "Whilst on patrol this afternoon we saw a few people risking their lives for a photo. This may seem like fun, but it just isn’t a good idea! It’s why we have highly trained Volunteer Coastguard Teams and Lifeboat Crew on call 24/7 ready to risk their lives to come and get you."

These guys are so polite!

10. Depressing thread with too many people taking the bait and getting angry about something they know nothing about. It was windy but it was hardly a typhoon. The surfer guy was out in pretty small waves, snapped his leash and went for a swim down the coast. Lifeboats self right like that all the time, it's normal and not a 'nail biting desperate rescue'.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Climbing Ben Nevis in trainers in winter? The group who were caught in blizzard conditions had "no ice axes, no crampons and as far as we are aware no maps".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-51447226

More helicopter staff risking their lives. Glad that they are all safe, but I wonder what they will now do for their comunity to say thanks?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Unpopular opinion:

[Redacted]

Keep going!

13. The STV news reader was quite amusing when he mentioned the incident an stressed the word 'trainers' as if he meant to say ' what the absolute feck'

Not unusual to get tourists being rescued from Ben Macdui in the middle of summer wearing shorts and t-shirts so they are not in the minority - a pack-a-mac and couple of mars bars would have seen them all right :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just as dumb as those tv reporters standing in high wind and waves, just to show how bad it is.

5d012407210000a718e72e8a.gif

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  15. its not unheard of for tourists to fain injury to get a free lift down.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. What a stupid 'plaice' to stand :D

17. Good thinking - I'll keep that in mind next time I'm up Dunnydeer hill :D

18. Done up like a kipper

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. dunnydear hill? meh. a mear bump in t'road

20. Did you not note the sarcasm :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information