1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mk 3

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Nelson, Jun 11, 2014.

1. GIVE IN!

2. i have an engine for sale...Bottom end is a little "bitty"....:Woot:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Well done on the superb looking build.

Yorkie

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. No, must resist. :Angelic:

But, mmmm bitty... :Hungry:

5. I just checked my photos and I picked up the frame 28/6/2014...I need to get a life! :Arghh:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Looks good, you may have found a new career Mr Nelson :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Little update....(picture whoring)....:Shamefullyembarrased:
    Swapped the gearing back to 15-38...Much better! Felt like 6th was missing with a 14T front.
    Holed rad swapped out.
    Changed the fuel map to a 1098 full system, (same as blown bike) original map was giving idle issues and some alarming bogging pulling off the line!
    Tweaked the suspension a bit here and a bit there.
    Engine feels tight and powerful....:Woot:
    Good to go...! :D

IMG_0735.JPG

• Like Like x 13
  8. Looks mint! I'm well impressed:) I would love to have a go.. Not sure I'm brave enough...

9. That looks amazing!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Nice job mate. Can't believe you did that in about 4 weeks or so! You could get a job on the Borgo Panigale night shift!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Thought I'd up date this thread. Since completing the build I've done..... not very much really!
    Was still getting some alarming low speed bogging, which I appear to have fixed by fiddling with air screws/ecu trimmer (give enough monkeys enough type writers!).
    Bike idles really evenly and no stalling whatsoever. I will prob' still get a custom map sorted when I can bring myself to part with the money...:Woot:
    Also added a quick throttle, which leaves me giggling like a school girl after each ride! :D
    Future plans....I'll get the the headlight cowl off in the winter an have it blasted and coated black, that's prob all it needs.
    Also on the lookout for an ali mono seat frame for less than Atahualpa's ransom!

Wee pic from this morning's ride...:Snaphappy:

IMG_1016.JPG

#52 Nelson, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
  12. nice bike there, do you have to use the 748r frame or can you use a biposto frame?? cheers

13. You can use the non R frame, but you need to do some fiddling/flipping of throttle body linkage.

14. Finally booked her into CJS for a proper fuel map next month...Bloody thing scares the pants off me as it is....:Woot:
    Chart with lots of pretty curves on coming soon...:Nailbiting:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Bike up for sale shortly.

16. mental mate, you going to do a proper sale ad??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information