1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MK1 Superlight rebuild

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Gillan 900, Mar 7, 2012.

1. You're damn right matey :D the titanium sprocket carrier pins he made me are a work of art and he's only up the road...

God help me ! :eek:

#21 Gillan 900, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I've asked myself that very question Steve, who knows...

The guy I bought it from had it regularly serviced, but just didn't clean it. he'd run it through a few winters and the salt's just attacked everything. Internally though it's as sound as a pound, the bores and pistons are immaculate and the clutch plates look to be the newest thing on it. The basket's a bit rusty but I have a spare I can use. Infact that's one of the main reasons I decided to buy the bike, all the bits that were either missing or knacked I had, so it was a bit of a no brainer.

3. Hi Steve, how's it going mate ? Still racing ?

4. Hi Mate,I retired at the end of 2010. I'm doing good :)

5. You still got your rather nice SS and the pig-ugly SSie Ian?

6. I have George, The old SS is all rebuilt after last years cracked frame re-build and the SS/IE is still a completed rolling chassis waiting for me to get some body work on it. I'm just waiting for a carbon nose cone to arrive from the states so I can finally get the 'ugly one' sorted. It's the painting that's holding me up as I have to do it outside, now the weather's getting better I should be able to get it all done :D

7. And here are the pix of my stand as promised ages ago....sorry for the delay guys......

Engine Stand 1a.jpg

Engine Stand 2.jpg

8. Cheers David :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information