1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mm93 (again!)

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Symon Moore, Sep 12, 2021.

1. MM isn't fully fit - perhaps he never will be as physically capable in way he once was. But he is finding his edge again, he clearly hungry for racing and winning is in his DNA. I think he is still finding out how much he can do post all the ops and in the off season he will search for ways to compensate for what he has lost. No doubt the best guy Pecco won yesterday and every credit too him. But riders like MM are a very rare breed and I doubt there are many who as certain of MMs future failure as you.

By next season

2. Always worries me writing the little weasel off but if he has to have another surgery this winter i think thats him done for no.s 9 and 10.

3. I'd have to agree.

I broke my left humerus pretty much 2 years ago, it was a clean break so didn't require any surgery but what I didn't realise back then was they don't/can't cast it so it was just in a sling and time needed to heal. Long story short the bone healed fine, but it was months of physio/exercise to overcome the rotor cuff damage and soft tissue injury.

When MM broke his and had it plated and attempted to race at the next race I knew from my own experience this was only going to end in disaster and sure enough it did unfortunately, and 2 further operations (from memory) due to the further damage and subsequent infections he's still not fully recovered. If there's another operation looming I'd say he's done there's only so much your shoulders can take, it's the most complex joint in the body and there's only so much you can do, it's ended a lot of professional sports careers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hate to say but you’re probably right. The shoulder is indeed a complex area of the body. I injured mine as a youngster. It took fekin ages to come right. If I did the same now, it wouldn’t come right.

We’ll see what happens next season. It’ll be a shame to see MM fade. The paddock will be a much duller place. I really like him, the mad little bastard :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information