1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobiles, Waterproofs And Riding

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by noobie, Dec 6, 2017.

1. I'm pretty sure when riding not just in bad weather but extreme heat too, many of us still keep the mobile in the jacket. It can even with the best kit sometimes get wet through extreme sweat in the warmest of days or soaked in the wettest/coldest of days.

What tips/hints on kit, protecting your mobile have used that have worked/failed? and is the jacket the only place you keep your mobile whilst on your bike?

2. 1.Get a waterproof 'phone.

2. Otherwise ziplock bag in a jacket well proofed should resolve the problem. I can't say for certain, as I chose option 1.

3. Ziplock plastic bag

4. I always stick mine in small zip lock food bag, been using the same one for ages, works for me Noobs

5. +1 as above.

6. Waterproof phone.

7. Waterproof phone Sony Xperia (on 3rd gen now).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. My jacket has a waterproof pocket or its in a tiny tank bag which is also waterproof

9. Would you like me to get you a new zip bag from Tesco's for a Christmas present (you tight git) ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Poor old oil hack Gareth, I cant go round splashing out big bucks on Tesco zip bags willy nilly you know !! :rolleyes:

#10 Wayne58, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mine goes in my small Givi tank bag. Waterproof enough. Don't like to idea of solid objects such as phones, keys etc in pockets of riding kit...

12. Mine goes in my small Givi tank bag. Waterproof enough. Don't like to idea of solid objects such as phones, keys etc in pockets of riding kit...

13. Either foodbag or (if doing often and wet often) a small dry sack as the seams on a food bag won’t be waterproof, but the roll/lock of the sack can (depending on quality) be fully submersed in water.

14. I use dry sacks inside a tank bag for my phone. I also used them spare gloves, wallet, maps etc. I also use dry sacks for bottles of water, just in case the the bottle leaks or splits. I use various sizes of Exped packsacks, other dry sacks are available :)

15. Use pay phones or pidgeons. Both are waterproof.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information