1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Model From A Frame Number?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Paul55, Mar 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. I have a frame number ZDMH200AAXB006818 and reg W908 HVV, so know it is a 2000 996, but wanted to understand what model.

The lovely people at Ducati will of course provide this, but need photos, V5 and my ID, more than I can provide right now.

In the past a very useful Forum member has somehow provided such information...

If you are out there, can you help me please?

I just want to know what model suffix it is.

Many thanks.....

2. I now have engine number ZDM996W009778.

3. I don’t believe you can tell what model from the frame or engine number (unless it’s an engine homologated for racing). The difference is in parts like suspension, subframe, etc. What do you think it may be? Do you have any photos?

ps. I would have expected to see a 4* after the W and before the serial number in the engine number.

4. Are you going through Ducati UK? I emailed Ducati NA to verify my 998 was actually a 998 -- all I gave them was the VIN and engine number. They didn't need any ID or verification. Might be worth a try to reach out and play a little bit dumb?

5. Ducati Italy......what shd take two minutes takes....

6. Try emailing [email protected]

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Odd MoT history. Andy

8. Showa forks and a black clutch cover, 996 biposta base model. Reckon it went down the road 2008 given the MoT history reference to a damaged headlight. Likely to be bodywork damage which could explain the SPS mono seat. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Yes, good investigative work, corroborated by the battered fairing panels on one of the Paso lot pallets.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information