1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moderation On Ducati Forum - Feedback

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rob, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's easy, don't be a dick. We are all dicks sometimes and we don't often like to have it pointed out to us and will get defensive when it happens. We know we've been dicks though.

So don't be a dick.

If you think you might be being a dick, or feel defensive... you're probably being a dick.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. For example It would help tidy technical threads where we've allowed some drift to occur.... like Elsie above here.:innocent:

3. So you are saying that you can intuitively tell when something is spam or not? - is anyone other member allowed to challenge your opinion on this?. You say that a lot of the awards are nonsense yet you appear to suggest that the 'lock thread' award (from the same location) is deadly serious - how is member to know/how is any member to decide? no, the awards can let a poster know your feelings but all of them are to be taken with a pinch of salt afaic and only a moderator would act on a thread if it got out of hand (sounds to me like you would like to be a moderator Paul). You do know that if you or I don't like the rules of a Forum we are always free to go and start up one of our own?

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. WTF?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. what - you can't read either?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Now then Trouble ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Yes @Chris my intuitive mind allows me to spot SPAM and use the NUKE thread button, within a few minutes others have done the same.
    ED devices, creams, tablets and such like are then removed from our screens before the great unwashed even stir from their sleep. This activity may not even be visible to most as the moderator clears them away quickly. That part of the system works really well.
    To be fair we haven't seen any spam for ages.
    Yes I've read the rules and they seem fair and easy to digest.
    No, I don't want the role of moderator as I fear I'd be even more draconian and that wouldn't do.
    Yes I am aware of how to move to another website and even how to make my own.
    Yes you and other members are allowed and frequently do make your opinions about me known. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    I have offers my services to Tag some of the technical threads to make them easier to find.... if required.

#27 AirCon, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2018
  8. Try to keep it constructive and on track with the OP request.

#28 AirCon, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Moderatorspeak ^ - my comments were as relevant as yours posted earlier. I don't agree that all would immediately concur with your thoughts re: what is/isn't spam.

• Love You Love You x 1
  10. You are absolutely right.
    I meant all reasonable forum members would spot spam as spam and use the NUKE button, as they do, when it infrequently occurs.

* I love this 1984 Orwellian reference

#30 AirCon, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Are you made of spam Chris? :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. I don't agree with your renewed wording re: spam either - it's too grey an area (in my opinion)

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  13. Ok, If you need those products then I'm wrong, it's not spam to everyone and perhaps they are breaking another rule. Commercial advertising without permission, it's in the rules.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Don't know what goes on in the background 99% of the time on here, and long may it continue.
    I don't understand the points of view or reasoning behind some of the suggestions of a few of the above posts on this matter.
    But I will say I do think that this site is one of, if not the best site, I've been a member of, where else can you get help on matters as diverse as all things Ducati, to how best to build a chimney, or rent a property, or the genuine concern and even help sometimes given by members to other members with health issues, brilliant.

p.s. If mods wish to alter or delete this thread for whatever reason, please feel free to do so with my blessing :upyeah::)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Moderating, tough job, I wouldn't want it, I like the "Like" etc ratings, especially when I'm too busy to reply to threads so just bung a like or agree/disagree to thread. All in I think that @El Toro does a great job moderating, sometimes I do wonder why/what has caused a moderation but I trust El T to do it with good reason, and if he has done it with a little bit of self interest, well fair play to him, it is an unpaid and thankless job so some payback should be allowed, and remember when we talk of moderators, there is only one, El T, with a bit of back up from forum owner @Rob. So crack on I say, this is the best Ducati Forum in the WORLD, and a lot of it has nothing to do with Ducati's, so live and let live, don't take it too seriously and have fun, remember, we are only a bunch of tossers on the internet.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Terry removed my utterly hilarious (to me) poll on him :) Then banned me!

I'm the funniest guy in the world ferchrisakes.... Probably.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. If a member is banned it would be useful to at least know they have gone!
    Maybe a note under their Avatar.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Good idea. And it's pretty cool being on the naughty step :p:cool:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Please can we add a "brown nose" to the system of "likes" so that if we are in a rush at least we can let people know are thoughts on a post without actually posting?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. He get tetchy once in a while, he's only human..... :thinkingface:erm o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information