1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moderation On Ducati Forum - Feedback

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rob, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheers loz :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. It was entirely constructive, or the world isn't fair! :p

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. I thought you meant compression ratio...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I like this forum.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Would it not be useful to have a members only section, not for guest browsing with a lighter moderator touch?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Liking the idea of a lighter touch by the moderator!
    But I think that should be on another forum! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I like it here, it's good for info, chat and piss takes, and as a few suggested after porsche-gate and a few other threads (like the one where that new sensitive bloke sodded off), can't we have a no holds barred grown up anything goes thread?? Just a thought.....

#87 Wayne58, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. What does the lock thread do? Genuinely, I have no idea??

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 2
  9. Nothing? :)

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 2
  10. From what I've read on this thread if enough people hit "lock" it locks it so no more posting. Used by members to stop spam.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. If you don’t get what you want for the reason outlined by @Rob earlier, why don’t you just exchange numbers & form a WhatsApp group with like minded piss takers.
    You can exchange your witty banter to your hearts content, and have endless emojis to keep you entertained.
    Perhaps sensitive bloke will return & others will join who don’t want to read your endless BS on every thread.
    Just a thought..

#91 Rosso, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. Or, perhaps as suggested, we could have a thread whereby if you're easily offended, you simply don't have to click and visit, then you could refrain from childish insults.... Just a thought...

13. Refer to Post #82 ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. It doesn't lock it from more posting.
    You need to use the NUKE Emoji. This hides that post to stop it being listed as a fresh post, thereby preventing more people being drawn to read it. I think the threshold is 3, like the old spam Emoji.
    When you view the thread it is hidden from view, like a forum member or poster on ignore.
    You can elect to view the post if you wish.
    It's normal use would be to hide the commercial posts that can occur over night from fake accounts. Historically these try to sell various tablets etc.
    Basically what most would consider as spam and are normally cleared up by a moderator in double quick time.

#94 AirCon, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. That was the old spam icon, does the lock thread do the same? If it does work it only works on the opening post btw, not subsequent replies to said post...

16. Unless we try it on this thread :thinkingface: it needs closing eventually anyhoo and will be :):upyeah:

17. I thought that was the nuke button

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. What's WhatsApp?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. If something is wrong, you ask WhatsApp (I think) :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    #100 Wayne58, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1