1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moeck Rottenburgh Recorders X 2 (baroque Fingering)

Discussion in 'Non bike stuff for sale' started by Android853sp, May 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just on the off chance there is a musician amongst our merry band (pun intended :D) I have a Rottenburgh 529 soprano and a Rottenburgh 539 alto recorder for sale. Originally purchased new by my sister in the mid 1970’s and both are made from Ebony which Moeck no longer use. The nearest Moeck modern equivalents are the Rottenburgh 4207 and 4307. The Early Music Centre has very recently fully serviced both recorders, cleaning the airways, oiling the wood and fitting new cork collars. I am informed by their technician, both recorders and in excellent condition and have a very mellow tone. Never having played the recorder, I wouldn’t have a clue and have not tried to play either instrument to see what was meant by the comment. Both have their original hard cases although the slots for what I believe would be for a pot of oil and a cleaning brush are empty. These are high quality instruments which are not recommended for a beginner but would suit someone studying at music college or someone who regularly plays in a music group. The most recent commercial sales of second hand Moeck recorders I could find put the prices in the region of £250 for the 529 and £325 for the 539. Hoping for £425 for the pair but happy to accept a fair and realistic offer. Happy to supply photos on request. Andy

2. Done :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information