1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mon 13 May - Nottingham To Exeter - Route?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Dave, Jan 14, 2019.

1. I'll be taking a leisurely ride back home from Nottingham to Exeter on Monday 13th May. I have all day to do it so I'm happy to keep off the motorways and I'm looking for tips for good roads to ride on the way back and/or places to visit on the route. Also is anyone local free to meet-up on the way?

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 22.53.20.png

2. How long you in Nottingham for Dave.

3. I'm doing a trip with the group I went to Nepal with last year. It starts from Nottingham up to the Peak District, Yorkshire Dales, Lakes and back from Fri 10th to Sun 12th May so I'll just be in Nottingham on the Friday and Sunday nights.

4. Drop me a line when you head up this way. I’m off work from Thursday 9th going back Monday 13th,
    Where in Notts are you heading for

5. Will do. I don't have the address in Notts where we are meeting up yet. I'll let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I usually take the fosse way when I'm heading down that way from Leicester.
    Mind you, being an old Roman road, its not the twistiest.
    But neither is it all straight these days, and at least its rural.

At the moment, my diary is free on 13th may and it would be good to catch up.
    Might consider tagging along for a few miles .. to the next coffee stop or something .. if the diary is still free.

ps. I think I've bagged a TT trip this year with the same group.
    Thanks again for the heads-up.

7. I could make dinner for you
    Usually finish work around 3
    :)

8. Northampton to Aylesbury and on to Oxford has good roads then there was a good one heading down Bristol/Bath way almost parallel with the M4 @bradders may know. It's a long way round though.

9. I’d make my way over to bath, ip the a46 Stroud, keep on that towards Cheltenham and birdlip, 436 (I think it is) towards Morton on the marsh, pick up the rugby road on to the fosseway and stay on that to Leicester. The. You’re nearly there. All ok roads, quick enough in spots and twisty, can be busy from moreton to the Stratford turn off depending on day and time.

My place to the fosse is about 1 hr and 10 on the bike.

10. Thanks for the tips folks.

I'll have a look at the timings @Ducbird. Thanks for the invitation. We are long overdue a catch-up :)

Even if I can't stay for dinner I'll try to stop for coffee and a natter.

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. In which case, cross county then down the a5 all the way :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information