1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Mono Or Bip

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Joe44, Jun 7, 2021.

1. I think you will find the base model monos did not have the number board on. I know because I bought one new in 2004

2. We're saying all this like Ducati have never mixed and matched parts... :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. The mono’s had an aluminium sub frame that was prone to busting under vibration.

The bipost’s had a steel subframe as they were liable to higher loads. A lot of owners with a mono would end up fitting and modifying a steel subframe from a bipost.

I had a 999S (mono) and the subframe bust and was replaced under warranty. I was advised to source a steel replacement as the aluminium mono subframes were wank. It got nicked shortly afterwards so here endeth the story :):upyeah:

*Note- later model S and R (2005/6) had a modified, stronger aluminium subframe fitted I think….

#23 Mary Hinge, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 2006 999s and I am currently on the third aluminium sub-frame. I've two now heavily modified and strengthened. Ginger Hall to Ramsey broke one of them; it's a bumpy stretch !!! So if that's the strong one then early ones were cheese.

5. I Have a 2006 model base 999 mono, the V5 says Bip. I emailed Ducati Italy they wanted proof of ownership/engine/frame number and confirmed it left the factory as a Mono.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information