1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster 1200r Just Purchased

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Oly, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Sorry to hear of your problem,dealer a bit shabby if only disclosing now.
    Where are you in the country?I know a great paint guy but he is in Manchester

2. i am in cumbria but used to live in manchester, so have family there, so that would be ok.
    who is it?

3. Mike at Rage Paint .Absolutely first class
    Does loads of BSB teams bikes and riders helmets.had 2 bits done by him plus a mates 999r all top quality.
    Ducati got him to paint the Xerox replicas for UK think he also does Ducati Coventry /Manchester work
    Highly recommended and I'm an attention to detail type,no links and travelled from Co Durham as recently as a couple of weeks ago because of quality

4. Cheers I'll
    Give him a call

5. I assume you mean rage designs?
    His website has a mobile
    Number and nowt else?
    I've text him
    And he's replied to say he will
    Take a look
    And let me know
    Thanks for the recommendation

6. Surely the dealer should refund you some of your initial outlay, as they hadn't informed you about these issues - perhaps they can pay for the paintwork, or at least a percentage of it?

7. They refunded me the courier charges so I at least have the funds to get the tank sorted. I don't suppose chips on the forks can be sorted

8. ...well at least thats something.

Its hard to understand how its been chipped up so badly with only 268 miles on the clock. Mines got over 5K miles and not a mark.

9. They said hat maybe it has been down a road which had just been re surfaced.
    I would post a picture of the chips but can't seem to do it

10. Put the picture on your desktop, and just drop & drop that into your reply (and select full image) - simples

11. Apologies yes it's Rage Design
    Pleased you got something out of dealer.
    Show Mike the photos ,if anyone can do it it will be him
    Good luck

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Ditto above

13. I've text him and he replied he would take a look. Hope he comes back to me as I need to get this sorted so it doesn't put me off the bike

14. Good luck with it

15. I've had a few brand new cars over the years. The wait, and it is a wait, for the first ding in the carpark is painful. Once it has the first mark where somebody else can't park it's almost a relief and I could stop stressing over the sparkling PnJ.

If you are actually going to ride it, don't stress, and enjoy.

16. Rage designs said he will
    Repair the tank.
    And Kais suspension can get me a
    Replacement sleeve for the front fork.
    Although I don't know how much yet that will be,
    So solutions are available

17. Excellent news.Can you back to dealer with total cost and get some more as a goodwill gesture ?

18. Trouble is I did the deal over the phone, the dealer is 300 miles
    South of me. I wonder whether they knew about the damage.
    I doubt I will ever go to them again. I don't want to Name them publicly. I may contact ducati uk and complain to them.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information