1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster 821 Exhaust

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Teague Lindores, May 2, 2017.

1. Hey folks

I'm looking for a little help regarding exhaust options for my 2016 monster 821 dark edition , iv had a dealer trying to put me off buying aftermarket non approved ducati exhaust slip on kits with detailing fueling and running issues is there any truth in this and what's the best route for me to go ?

Thanks

2. Hi T, like most riders we've all fitted aftermarket cans and personally speaking I've always had them fitted by the dealer and the engine mapped accordingly, like my current 821 I've had the Termi cans fitted by the dealer, Millsport Ducati in N. Ireland who actually fitted them free of charge as I ordered them from them. But that's a personnel choice, equally I've many friends how've fitted them themselves and haven't had any issues at all. Your decision will probably be come down to cost, but if you've got a good dealer it may be worth negotiating. I hope this helps. The Termi's on the 821 sound awesome by btw.

3. Thanks bud appreciate your input Iv spoken to the dealer and for the race cans including ecu update it's coming in around £1100 and just wanted to try justify the cost to myself apposed to spending £500 ish on say akropovic can and not getting the ecu done unless it's really required as don't know if I would notice the affects of the fueling issue the dealer spoke of or not

Teague

Do Not Sell My Personal Information