1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Alloy Tank

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Frank Jones, Dec 29, 2017.

1. IMG_1613.JPG I picked up my new Alloy Tank today from Tab 2 Classics. In West Wales, this is the first significant phase in turning my 2007 695 Monster into a 1980 Style TT Special.
    Next in line, Seat , Fairing & Pipes all ready for the 2018 track parade season.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Have we got a top view.

3. Check check out the Tab 2 Classics Facebook page they have a full build sequence.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ayup stranger :)

5. So the purpose of this thread is to point us to a Facebook page for further exciting details?

6. The purpose of that was to try and give a quick answer to a question, if this is a problem I won't post again.

#6 Frank Jones, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  7. @Frank Jones , just looked at the Facebook page, looks absolutely fab, great that people still have this sort of skill, making that from scratch with old fashioned tools is great!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Thanks for your nice comments, I knew a lot of people would be interested in the build process, thats why I gave the Facebook reference, they really are true traditional craftsmen, and in the case of Aline Phelps "Craftswoman" a female touch on the English Wheel , just a team of three, wonderful work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I get the feeling that this is going to be a very nice build, please keep up the posts as it progresses (and ignore silly negative comments).

10. Interesting how they fabricate such tanks - keep posting kind sir !!

11. I just dream about a tank like that!
    How was the order and design proses made?
    Did you dive the a design or a photo or how?

12. I first approached Tab. 2 Classics at the Stafford show in October, my brief I wanted a TT1 / TT2 Style Tank to fit a Monster frame, minimumum 10/12 litres fuel.
    This is what they came up with and I am delighted

13. Did you supply them the Monster frame for the work or did they manage on their own?

14. As this was the first Monster tank that they had done, they needed the bike.

#15 Frank Jones, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  15. I have been waiting for the ...can you just phone call stu.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tab-II do great work. I had a tank made by them when it was Terry Baker and before the old guy passed away for a Street Scrambler single to turn it into a long distance trials machine. I was well chuffed with the result.

17. Dare I ask about the cost?

I really want a Road-Racing tank for my M900 as they expose the rear cylinder more than stock but the prices of unobtanium is crazy these days...

18. A typical price for a Tank from Tab 2 is circa £600, I cant be more specific, as mine was a one off for a 695.
    But bear in mind I have fitted a external Fuel Pump and Regulator to keep the tank profile low, if you wanted to use the standard Internal pump, that would need a Boss to be machined at extra £££.
    The last thing I wanted was a Tank that looked like a Monster Tank, this is just going to be a very cheap TT "Style" Look a Like no excuses but the tank is the focal point of the bike and worth getting done properly.

• Like Like x 1
  19. So as a one off what was yours :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information