1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Monster

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Mattt, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Your 1200 will stay the best looking until I get my Evel Knievel stickers...

[​IMG]

I believe they can also make the Air cooled bikes faster too!

Rex

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ha, go Evel !

3. There are bollards all along the fence line to stop people pushing their stolen cars into the falls! I have parked inside them and am standing on one.
    They just burn the stolen cars now in the carpark behind me!

No but they have become very wary! There is a dead pig on the edge of the falls tho, not clear in the photo...

• Like Like x 1
  4. You going to get the matching jumpsuit too?

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Get "IT" let out is more likely...

Rex

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. here you go bud a Sheepy story keep ya hand in so to speak.

7. Thanks Ducscud but I like 'em a bit rougher around the edges than that!
    You seem to be remarkably well informed? Welsh by chance?:p

• WTF WTF x 1
  8. Just a couple of thoughts Matt
    M900s - if you are going to commute in UK avoid the carburettor models as they are very prone to carb icing in damp cool weather. Also there are some years to avoid when their engineering standards got sketchy - badly ground closer cams are a favourite problem leading to rattles and flakes of metal coming off the cams (check the Faloon book).

M1200s - there is no need for this bike :D no need at all :D !
    Brilliant bike - the only downside is that single side swing arm maintenance problem

9. I, am, like you 6ft+ and around the same weight. Last year I bought a Monster 1200S Stripe and really love the thing. I agree that for taller riders the legroom is somewhat limited so have invested in the Touring seat which adds 25mm extra in seat height so hopefully that will improve comfort a bit, although I don't find it particularly uncomfortable with the stock seat but on longer journeys a little more legroom will be welcome, especially as I am intending to go to the postponed World Ducati Week next year on the Monster, and as I am in my 70's knee joints don't work as ell as they once did. As for the bike's performance, I am pretty impressed and fine the 3 riding modes useful. The urban mode is pretty perfect for town riding and for overall the touring setting is fine.

I have in the past ridden, but not owned other Monsters but did find the earlier ones a little on the small side. On the whole I think the Monster, whichever you choose should bring a smile to your face.

10. Hi I went for a new 1200, never regretted the decision.
    Easy to ride in the real world, only mod was to increase rear sprocket to 43t gives a bit more revs lower down.
    Rode to Bristol 180 miles no problems, other than a sore arse.
    Could do with a bit more padding on the seat.
    Go to a dealer and take a test ride.

11. Great thank you for the replies
    No dealers open yet!
    I might even try to see if they will take 2 bikes in p/x as I have too many bikes and not enough spare cash
    Ones a old Yamaha RZ250R though ,so they might not want that I guess

12. There's plenty of dealers open, I've spoke to at least 6 different ones over the last week or 2 looking for a 1200s monster

13. You guys can get a 2fer deal!

14. Do you have a figure in mind for the rz? I could be tempted.

15. I was hoping for £3400
    20190531_143324.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. It's a full power import ,really low miles and all original parts

17. Someone should buy that...
    BUT
    If they dont. There is a UK company that will turn your new Yamaha XSR900 into one for WAY more money...

Rex

18. You should pay the £5 subscription (£15 first year only if you want the very worthwhile Halfords discount card) and put that bike for sale on here, there’s a fair few are into their 2 strokes and may be interested.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Subs ,I've never noticed ,that's bad of me
    What's the discount and how does it work ?

I doubt either of my bikes are going to be selling anytime soon with lockdown,no travelling and no money for a lot of people

Ah ok just had a read up on the card and subs
    Delete the pic of the RZ if it breaks any advertising rules
    Regards
    Matt

#59 Mattt, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  20. How about S2r?
    Air cooled, original-ish Monster style and the best looking mono arm.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information