1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster/ss Belt Covers

Discussion in 'Monster' started by efcbluepete, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Hi,

can anybody advise if the belt covers from similar era 600/750/900 are interchangeable between ss & monster and between engine sizes, please?

looking to bling a pair up somehow for the shiny monster.

thanks,

Pete

2. 900 is definitely different from 750. Not sure if 750 and 600 are the same.
    Monster and SS will be the same.
    @Arquebus may know more.
    The standard finish will polish up nicely

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. thanks @Old rider saw a cheap 750ss set on ebay that would have polished up. As I have a M900, I guess I will have to just try out on the set that are on the bike, as I am far too tight to pay anything other than cheap for a set to tinker with.

Cheers,

Pete

4. Before going mad and stripping back to alloy, try polishing up the existing powder coat.
    You can get a mirror finish, which imho will look much better than polished alloy which will dominate the motor

5. Never mind that Pete,will Rooney return be good for the blues?

6. Only if he takes a pay cut. Will be great as a mentor for the young players, not sure how many more games he has in his legs.

7. I just had a look at the pictures of my 600 SS and my m600 monster and they look the same

Think the 900 was different but don't quote me

Someone more knowledgable Will be along shortly

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. It does have a nickel plated frame which tends to dominate the view whenever you look at it :)

9. The 600/750 cambelt covers(with boxy bit at end) are alloy. The 900 are plastic.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. My SS was a 750, so alloy covers. Didn't know the 900s have plastic - try carbon perhaps???

11. 600 and 750 were identical although paint colour may have varied - 900 were different and would not fit the small cc SS - some, if not all had inspection covers, as well.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information