1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monte Carlo Or Bust...? (monaco Actually.!)

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Shoboshi, Dec 28, 2016.

1. I'm not organising, just turning up for a change which is noice, but I'm guessing not :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. If I get clearance from the top il be on the gixxer.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Anyone can be on any thing...

Did Ardennes 2015 on my R1, along with 7 on Sports bikes (r1's, 2 x 899, ZX10, GSXr1K, R6, MVF4) then again in 2016 as before but me on my Mut plus ktm1290, Xplane R1, 1299.

Went on the Mut due to nearly killing myself on the R1 Sept 2015.
    I promised the wife no more sports bikes hence the Mut...(^+^)..!

Having done it on an R1 I know how painful sub 100mph can be!

Just need the definite number wanting to go.

Please message me if you're really up for it.

Odd numbers just make room bookings a little more awkward.

4. HUMBUG...... Your still a youngster sir,, :tonguewink:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. In 2014 I managed fine riding from London to Cannes (via Grenoble and the Route Napoleon) in two days. I wouldn't like to attempt riding to the South of France in one day though. After a day's rest, I rode eastwards via Monaco and Genoa to Lucca/Pisa - then on to Misano WDW.

In 2017 I plan a short trip to Germany in late May and a longer trip to the South of Spain in July, so I really do not need this Monte Carlo trip in mid-April. But that's just me.

You're right - I do have to rest more than I used to.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well - you will deffo make it on a Gixer! Bombproof

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeah - a sharp 25 year old mind trapped in a knackered shell! I've had a very tough 2016 health wise but hey 2017 starts in a few hours and it can't be any worse? Onwards and upwards chaps and girls!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Crazy to say it but if I'm ok health wise and dates are clear for me - I will have to borrow my mates 12 year old Blade for the trip? Mind you it's only done 2,200 miles and is parked in his dining room in mint condition! I couldn't consider either of my Chops (more than 50 miles and you are a cripple!),would be too much to ask of either of my Jap 2 stroke classics and my beloved Vincent would deff make it but wouldn't keep pace speed wise and she is older than me (just!).Ive got a mate with a lovely Hayabusa - but he knows I was a full on loon years ago so might not be too keen on lending???

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Bollocks, I will be in Antigua.......getting married:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Send a mate instead? If she really really loves you she will understand

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. But have you had 2 heart attacks and 6 stents!

12. She's having non of it.....or at least that's what I gleaned from the comment "you go then and I'll go on my own" :smirk:

13. Well at least it's not a definite NO.!

She did say you could go....!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hi All let me read it all again, and let you know :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bump..

Just to keep it noticeable...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information