1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moon Landing

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by 749er, Jul 13, 2019.

?
  1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    77.1%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  1. I have been fascinated by all the Moon stuff since first reading about the early Gemini projects. I remember watching the first Moon landing and not understanding why my Mother was crying when the astronauts returned.
    Found last nights program fascinating, looking forward to the next episode.
    Not many people are aware that Buzz Aldrin cracked up on his return and was hospitalized for psychiatric treatment.
    I was delighted to see him punch that arsehole out though.

I highly recommend the book about Buzz Aldrin: Return to earth. return to earth.jpg return to earth.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. It’s a satellite with the sun reflecting off it IMO. It ‘disappears’ when it’s position relative to the sun changes and it no longer reflects towards you. Sorry to dash your thoughts:(.

Having said that. There has to be life out there somewhere. If space is indeed infinite then the odds are infinite thus there must be something else somewhere else.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Depends which way your counting.
    Not always Alan; you’d better give Loz his 50p back.
    Besides, he probably needs it for the meter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I agree it does.

In context though, it was about the Apollo missions - and 14 came after 11 in terms of which year it was. 749er said he watched Apollo 14 and had to put 50p in to watch it. Someone else suggested he couldn’t have done that as 50p wasn’t introduced until later. I pointed out that if it was Apollo 14 he could have done.

See. I’m right. You’re wrong. :)

;);)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. there was no 50p coins back in the 30s when yer man blasted off to the planet mongo. but it was still on the TV.

6. The best demonstration of man’s arrogance is stating their is no other life out there

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. and that there is intelligent life on planet earth.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. There is. Mostly in the seas and jungles.

And the civil service :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. dunno, i live in the forest, and had you seen me and a mate last night you would deffo be questioning our intelligence. or, maybe even been left wondering if we where indeed wired to the moon.

10. I was working from post No.1 which mentioned 1969 landing on the moon.
    Seems there is a conspiracy about the moon landings even on here with all sorts of information being thrown around to muddy the waters, all very suspicious. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I was just being an awkward git :) for fun.

I know, we need a ‘where’s Elvis now’ thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Me too.:D:upyeah: Anyone know if it's true that the later Apollo missions needed 50p in the slot to power them?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Apollo missions were run on quarters, duh.

14. First non stop transatlantic flight in 1927?, Alcock and Brown will see you outside!:)

15. You mean the moon landing wasn’t a solo flight?

16. Well, a little bit of it was, but James Burke, Patrick Moore and I were with them all the way there and back....was only a youngster but remember it as if it was yesterday!

17. Every sateliite ive seen at night moves - this one was stationary.....in fact if im really going to be exact it disappeared for about 5 mins then reappeared...also every satellite ive seen at night had/has a much smaller cross section than this...this was more...iss sized if you will (as ive seen that going over a couple of times again, at night...

18. Aha, but it could be a geo-stationary satellite not an orbiting one, specifically spying on you. It disappearing and returning is a probably due to cloud cover. Then again, perhaps it was a UFO :thinkingface:

19. Well... Yeah.. But I've never ever seen a satelitte duriig the day though...

20. I hear that to celebrate the 50th anniversary, NASA are painting a Harley in Apollo colours and getting Buzz Aldrin to sit on it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information