1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Sodding Hospital!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ghost Rider, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Well, now you all know why I sold the SS - for a shorta*se, the low down clip-ons and a full tank; plus tippy toes when sitting on the bike was asking for it to fall away from me and be dropped. And I was still riding too fast.

At least with the Sportster, the heavier weight is very low down and the bars are high, and the seat is real low; so it is easier for me to move it around even if sitting on it. Not as quick either and the handling makes me more cautious.

2. Jesus I thought I had it bad . That's some crap luck . Hope there is some light at the end of tunnel .

3. Actually that wasn't all of it, just the main stuff.........I have been checked for diabetes a while ago and recently for thyroid problems, plus an ultrasound aortic aneurysm check - all clear so far; about to have kidney function tested.

But the next thing will be a check on respiratory and cardiac system function so I can have a general anasthetic for the operation - otherwise it will be a lower lumber anasthetic.

4. Getting well wound up as the op day gets nearer and nearer.

I can't stand hospitals - not the staff / personnel, but the environment, noise and smells.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. All the best Al.

6. Hope all goes well mate

7. Best wishes Al.
    About time you had some decent luck...

8. Hey - I hope it goes well and that you recover very quickly! We need you here - your experience and wisdom, together with your willingness to advise are exemplary... Rooting for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks.....looks like I'm 'in' this mid-week and even if it goes well I still have to wait to see what the status is when it is done.

We are talking about a 'touch of the big one' which I guess is why I'm even more agitated than I would normally be in the NHS premises.

10. Come on fighter thinking of you

• Like Like x 1
  11. Good luck & best wishes Al.
    Kf.

12. My dads like this with old people, can't stand them. Which makes for fun as he's 78, lives in an old peoples complex, speaks like an old cockney and forgets what he says as soon as he has said it

You'll be fine I'm sure and on the plus side, you'll have some scars to moan about :D best of luck fella , you know it needs doing.:upyeah:

13. Thanks All.......No scars will be seen when it's done - not where they are going to be able to do it - unless it all goes pear shaped.

14. Thinking of you Al, good luck and hope all goes well.
    Steve

15. Good luck to you Al.Here is to a swift recovery.

16. Good luck and hope it all goes well.

17. Fingers crossed for you, Al!

18. You're right about the never ending appointments, once you get in their clutches they won't let go. I've been in and out over the last three years, sometimes 2 appointments in a day and another later same week. I had two operations in 2 days in two different hospitals, neither was a success so am waiting for a third go at the same problem. I have not ridden my bikes for 3 years now beginning to wonder if I ever will again. I hope all goes well for you and you come back stronger than before.

19. Thinking of you Al. And here's hoping your forthcoming op won't be postponed and will be a success. See you later.

20. Thanks everyone - should be 'in' sometime this week - so far pre-op assessement seems not have caused too much concern.
    Now really agitated as it means about three days in there and I know it will be painful afterwards (my pain threshold over the past six years has dropped to an all-time low - basically to 'Wimp' level) and then I have to look forward to two to three weeks recuperation.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information