1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Sodding Hospital!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ghost Rider, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Yes, the leaflets they give you you provide a lot of information, but they hardly mention pain at all, do they? What it will be like, how long it will last, how best to treat it, and what it will restrict you from doing. I suppose if you are having a serious abdominal operation you are expected to know very well that there is inevitably going to be pain.

2. Just think of the pretty nurses... :)

3. Nearly, but not far off, Pete. On the basis of what has been going on, I expect that to follow at some stage

Not seen many at the local - but some are OK.

However; I'll be like Papillon, thinking how I can get the hell out of there.

Not a surplus of coconuts in Suffolk, though (apart from the general population).

4. However; I'll be like Papillon, thinking how I can get the hell out of there.

[/QUOTE]

but hopefully with a different hiding place for your valuables.....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good luck this week Al :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'm done and I'm out - not a pleasant experience by any means. Not actually in pain, but I feel bloody peculiar - makes me think I'm on the verge of being spaced out. Very wierd considering it was a lumbar anesthetic.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

• Like Like x 2
  7. No change there then, still the old Al, phew o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Nice to see you Al :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wishing you a speedy recovery Al ... take it easy mate :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not quite.......
    Painful swollen willie (not for the usual / normal reason); pee-ing blood; wobbly legs; lightheaded / slight nausea; tired; appetite reduced (hospital food puts me off eating).......Bizarre recollections of the operating theatre; like "What's that over there? - Oh, it's my leg and look, there's another one this side".

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ooooo ouch :mask:

12. Onward and upwards now hopefully! :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hope everything is progressing well Arquebus and your not in to much pain.

14. Still peeing blood, thanks.

It was really bad three days ago, - rather scary - I was getting clots coming out, large enough to feel them going through, then one or two got too big and they blocked me up for two nights. Most of the time I could squeeze some by the clot in dribbles and drips; but on a couple of occassions I could start to go properly, but then I could feel the clot 'float' into place and shut things off.

Ever seen The Green Mile?

FYI: I have had a TURBT.

• WTF WTF x 1
  15. Blimey Al what are they doing for you to help

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jeez, Al. you got me all crumpled up just thinking about those clots!

Glad to hear you are in, out and stitched up, and here's to a steady recovery ("it's a marathon, not a sprint" is what I am guessing, though you want it the other way around).

I look forward to hearing of your exploits on the HD.

Pete

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just watch The Green Mile and then you will feel it.

Stitched up? Nah - After they scraped / cut the tumour away in bits using a long rigid device up the willy into the bladder, they cauterised the site with some sort of heated roller ball.

But that actually wasn't the worst bit of the procedure because I didn't feel a thing owing to the lumbar anesthetic. It was on the recovery ward where my legs and lower spine wouldn't work. The feeling in them as the anesthetic wore off was terrible. At one stage, I could sit up but the lower half of me would rock about just like sitting on a water bed - but I couldn't actually feel it.

Apparently I have up to six weeks for the blood and bits to stop coming out and at some stage I will find out if it is a nasty cancer or not.

18. @Arquebus There exists a procedure whereby sterile water is syringed into the bladder through a catheter and then allowed to pour back out, bringing the blood clots along with it. I had this done last year at one stage, and it took 12 flushes before the blood was out and the water ran clear. Allowing blood to remain in the bladder for several days is not good, and might give rise to further problems (as if you didn't have enough of those already).

19. Hi Pete, Yep, I had the water flushed through and out for 24 hours continuously. They let me go when it was the colour of darkish rose wine, which is apparently quite normal.

I'm guessing your procedure related to a slightly different 'item' to mine - I think the expression they used for something like your was 'shaving' the item.

I'm drinking about 4 litres of water a day to keep the flushing going - in fact I don't think I have ever looked at my pee so much.

This is what to expect, so I'm told:

In general, temporary problems with passing of urine can occur following surgery and will gradually improve over 3-6 weeks. The following is considered NORMAL:
    • Your stream should be strong unless you are passing small amounts of urine because of frequent urination.

• You may experience pain or discomfort when passing urine or at the end of urination. This may be intense for the first few days following surgery.

• You may experience blood in your urine, including blood clot and debris, for 3-6 weeks after surgery. The bleeding may appear heavy, but the blood loss is usually very small. Bleeding may be associated with activity. If this occurs, rest and drink lots of water until urine clears.

• You may feel the need to pass urine frequently and urgently for several days or even weeks.

• You may experience occasional leakage of urine associated with urgency for several days.

• You may feel tired and need to nap during the day for several days.

20. GWS!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information