1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moselle Germany Trip - 26-29 May 2017

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Pete1950, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Hi.We need to be in the waiting area at least 6.45am-7am to meet up ready to board together, if this is OK with all going.Ken

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ok for me. I've got a Czech mate that I used to ride with when I lived over there who will meet us in Germany at some point. He's just bought an MV Agusta F3 800 so looking forward to seeing that in the flesh!

3. Fine by me, will get petrol in the shell garage on way, as seems there is a somewhat shortage of petrol in France :(

4. Just been looking at the petrol crisis in France. Looks like quite a few petrol stations have run out of fuel! Glad my bike is so economical! :tonguewink:

5. Take tubing and bottle with you then guys.

6. If you fuel at the folkstone services you should easily make Belgium.
    Enjoy fellas, sorry I couldn't make it, do again next year

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Best we give France a pass this trip

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Well great time was had for me, Enjoyed the Company, @ST Ken & @SconuT, meeting Raduk when we got there. Lucky with weather too for the most part, till we came home, it rained all the way, to thunder, and lightening, then huge downpour, to what felt gale force 10 winds before Calais, at least Last leg was dry in the UK :) Found some great roads around Cochem, went to the Ring to nose around. around 1200 miles round trip, DVT not miss a beat :) even with it getting Drenched.
    Good Hotel, lovely town though quite lively everyone was Drunk.
    Thanks @Pete1950 for arranging it, shame you could not make it, next time :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Great weekend with great roads and great people to ride with. My first trip away on the 848 and it behaved perfectly all weekend, despite me running it out of petrol on the driveway before setting off! Cochem is a nice place to stay and they even put on a firework display on the night we arrived (local wine festival). We were really lucky with the weather for the Saturday and Sunday managing to get full days of riding in before the rain started. It was great to ride for a while at times without gps as we just turned left and right on whichever road looked the best (they're all brilliant). Met some fellow bikers along the way, including a young German lad who had just turned his Yamaha R125 into a plant pot. We stopped and helped him pull his bike out of the hole it was buried in! On the trip back, we managed to keep pace with the nasty weather system heading across Europe, on the train back I managed to empty about half a litre of water out of my boots (yes I was under prepared!). I was even lucky enough to catch it up on the way back to Wales the next day....The ironic part of that is that in the Irish bar in Cochem a fellow biker informed me that I shouldn't take my Ducati out in the rain as it wouldn't last 5 miles!

Thanks guys for a great trip and to Pete for organising it in the first place. Maybe meet on the next one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Glad the trip worked. The heavy rain on the return journey sounds exactly like our 2014 Cochem trip.

I have every intention of proposing a similar trip in late May 2017. Next time with luck I might actually make it myself.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Heavy rain sounds like every return trip I have ever had from Germany!!

12. Andy you forgot to mention the wrong way around pointing down MX5. :) stuck up a bank

13. Hi All.Bike cleaned and oiled chain ready for next trip soon.Next trip however, is to Turkey by plane this month, hoping this trip will be a lot wetter due to all included.

14. Having unfortunately missed the 2016 Germany trip for health reasons, I am now considering a 2017 trip over the late May Bank Holiday long weekend.

How about this for a schedule:
    * Tunnel early on Friday morning 26 May 2017. Ride from Calais via Belgium and Luxembourg to Cochem on the Moselle in Germany.
    * Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 May - tours of the Eifel, Hunsruck, and Taunus areas of Germany (including crossing the Rhine and visiting the Nurburgring) taking in lots of great riding roads.
    * Monday 29 May (Bank Holiday) back to Calais by a different route. Tunnel about 6pm and home.

I usually plan to stay at the Hotel Noss in Cochem (plenty of other hotels are available).

No need to make a definite commitment yet, obviously, but I wonder who is feeling tempted?

Peter.

15. Right now I'm a yes. :)

16. Hi Pete,

Glad to hear you're already planning next year's German trip.

I'm afraid I can't make this one - the UK Monster Owners Club is having its annual weekend away the late May bank holiday weekend so I'll be enjoying the fine roads of mid Wales again.

17. ar, same weekend...Martin dropped me a line as we enjoyed last year so was hoping we'd be welcomnback again...choices choices.. :)

18. Bradders - if you're up for a return to Llandrindod, thread on UKMOC is here: Weekender 2017 - 26th to 29th May - Page 5 - UK Monster Owners Club Forum Alan C (who is organising) said they need room booking & deposit by the end of November (i.e. today). PM him, or if you want his e-mail address, I can send you an e-mail with it and a copy of the booking form.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cant commit as between jobs at the mo :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information