1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mosfet Regulator / Rectifier 1098

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Robarano, Feb 10, 2019.

1. upload_2019-2-16_17-7-5.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Is thet just a plug and play type conversion?

3. Pretty much. IIRC the new rec/reg had different mounting holes. Just drill two new ones, or use nutserts and all's good

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. The wiring was plug and play but, as per my link, you need to drill some new attachments and, in my case, install rivnuts. Other solutions are available.

5. I like the look of the BikeSport Development kit to move the reg/rec to the rhs of the bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hope you work it out with yours what to do. I hope my experience with the Mosfat can help you decide. As on my 916 i fitted a Mosfat Regulator rectifier. this was after a couple of years with the standard ones that failed. Once fitted it helped the standard batterys last longer. I only fitted the standard yuasa and have toyed with other different batteries but never tried them. I used a battery charger also when parked up and clocked up 40k over ten years so used to use the bike often. It was a 100 mile trip to work but I would only use it 1 week in 4. Before I had 2/3 of the original rr which failed. I am not sure if the RR are the same as 916 but know the Mosfat performs so much better. The voltage being within spec and the unit cooler. Hope it helps you.

vinnychoff

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Mosfet regulator and Triumph conversion lead purchased today. :) Bikesport Developments bracket to be ordered tomorrow. :upyeah:

Thanks to all for your help.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information