1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mosquito

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TT600, Jan 25, 2019.

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
  1. Amen, fantastic

2. Plywood construction (made in Lydney, Glos - the plywood) which is why they were so fast and were able to sustain quite a bit of damage.

3. That was awesome!

4. Mosquito brill but I have real fascination for these...

X

5. Never seen an Il2 flying. Nice.
    That BM motor doesn’t sound a patch on the Merlin!

6. Hate them, little buzzy biting bastards!

7. That sounds more like bad audio to me....We have a team of Harvards over here, with the big radial motors, and boy do they sound great flying past. Also there are a bunch of Yaks that fly together for events and that is awesome too.
    I have to say tho that the merlin engines, in all their various guises sound awesome, but hard to have a fave when they are all just so damn cool! Was at the VE day celebrations outside Buckingham Palace in 1995 and there was a complete warbird flyby...a B25, Lancaster, etc etc, don't think anything was missing, fantastic!

• Like Like x 2
  8. @TT600 Many thanks for posting this. Great stuff!

9. @TT600 many thanks, that is my favourite propeller plane !! A joy to watch from start to finish. I reckon that vibrates nearly as mcu as my old 900SS.

• Like Like x 1
  10. @TT600 , I have seen that video before, great and not just because of the Mosquito but also it's flying companions. The Video I was trying to post was a news item from last week discussing the 1st flight of the 3rd Mosquito that Avspec have restored, PZ474 ??? owned by Texan Oil Baron Rod Lewis to add to his collection of 36 flying WW2 aircraft.

Found it......

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  11. Due to inclement weather this afternoon plans have changed...wil now stay warm and cosy at home to watch Mosquito Squadron.

#14 michel couque, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information