1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Disappointing Piece Of Kit..

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Gimlet, Jun 25, 2018.

1. A bad w
    A bad workman and all that Ron....... ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Galfer wave brake discs........So far, shite !! :mad:

PS. Dyson's, mine's going strong, no issues, and the little wall mount hand held is fuggin brill :upyeah:

3. Silverline tools - made of plastercine :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeah, I did the same with a pair of top of the range Lonsdale boxing gloves. Big mistake....

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yeah, think I saw that fight........:D

Lean-Boy-With-Boxing-Gloves-Funny-Picture.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. It was some sort of bolt on cruise control which a wee lever to flick that closed a rubber stopper onto the throttle grip......Shite!

7. +1 took one look at it and sent it back

8. Firstly apologies if I’m teaching anyone to suck eggs..

Early on in the thread, Rukka gloves were being slagged off as leaking..
    Fine, ok, leaking is definitely not on, but here is a thought which not every Rukka buyer is aware of, and Goretex don’t actively promote although the info is well buried on their website.

Any gloves which use Goretex , ie Rukka, or a non branded copy of Gorerex will leak when used with heated handlebar grips.
    Goretex is designed to let vapour out not water in.

The heat causes the microscopic pores in Goretex to get larger and that is what let’s the water in.

So if that’s the case then the gloves are working as designed.
    If not, take ‘em back.

HTHs:upyeah:

#28 Oldrat, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. AGV LCD visor... what a crock.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Anything from JML looks good in the advert crap in real life I know because the wife has bought most of them QVC isn't far behind in the crap stakes

• Like Like x 1
  11. I bought the gloves from Helmet City. When I took the back the Rukka rep happened to be there. The first thing he said was do you have heated grips. I don't.

With this in mind though, the Virium gloves are barely suited to UK use. They are not at all warm and strictly hot weather use only. Even in Scotland in the middle of June, early starts made for cold hands and numbing in the fingers.
    They're supposed to be thin to make it easier to use controls and operate a touch screen device - which does work. Being able to prod the sat-nav without having to pull over and remove a glove was useful. But when they're marketed as a touring glove, if they're too cold for early morning use in summer and you can't use them with heated grips if it rains, they're pretty useless in Britain, especially in Scotland.

And then the lining detached in one of the index fingers. Not what I expected form Rukka.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Most Disappointing Piece Of Kit..

Ma Willy.

• Love You Love You x 1
  13. Does the disappointment grow with age.... ???

14. Only in certain situations.

15. One of these cheap Rivet tools. Rivet was stronger than the tool so rather than flaring the rivet, it bent the tool. Finished it off with a hammer and bought a new one. Motrax one that is pretty damn good actually. Did my chain last month and no issues. Quality feel to it.

E06704AA-87A7-4262-9568-D30295F6B3D9.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ive found out over the years just because its got a good brand name and it cost a fortune there any good ... over 10 years ago now i got a Gortex Jacket and trousers to match at the BMF end of year show ... think i paided 70 for the jacket and 55 for the trousers both fully lined and there great. I use them every winter through rain freezing weather wearing nothing but a tee shirt under the jacket and a neck glove and its a warm as can be ... once i thought about treating myself to some Klim kit but really i dont think it will be any better than what ive got and there well over a grand for jacket and trousers ....

17. Oxford waterproof tailback.

Looked a twat when my only jeans were soaked around the crotch, all other gear wet. 1st Alps trip, part of a steep learning curve!
    Did get revenge though when the flash git on the Ltd ed R1 was cooking in his one peice Alpinestars a few days later in Grasse. Nearly as funny as when the wasps would not leave him alone near the Verdon gorge.:D:D

18. Enduristan or Kriega. Nothing less will do.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm liking my new Givi waterproof bag @Gimlet :upyeah:I do have some Kriega stuff too. :)

20. TBF, I've got a KTM branded 40L roll bag which is made by Givi and identical to their own bags except that it says KTM on it and it's never let me down. Have to say it doesn't feel as substantial and hard-wearing as the equivalent Enduristan bags which are about the same money. But maybe it would have been cheaper if I'd bought it as a Givi bag. Probably paid through the nose to have the KTM logo on it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information