1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Important Ducati

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Tommaso, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Talking about the main man here Massimo,,said it it in interview that he was a fan of the RC30:upyeah:i rest my case;)

2. i'm sure he was a fan of many Hondas - 'ave yer case back ;)

3. Chris, i have just found the magazine,Practical sportsbikes july 2014,,And i quote:_Andrea forni said that Tamburini liked the look of the RC30 more than the NR750.I remember speaking to him at the time, and for him this was a bigger inspiration in the 916:punch:

4. can you reproduce it on here? - fact is, it looks less like a 916 than an NR750 overall so little styling inspiration there - maybe the quote you saw was talking about the whole concept rather than it's looks.

5. memory always hazy but you have me confused now. :-

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/ducati/916/1994/

bottom line is, you are right in that it was never going to be a clone of just one other bike but for me the exhaust and the twin headlamps are the the features that set it apart from anything else before and both of these features are on the NR750.

6. what comes to mind here is ,,you can lead the horse to the water but,,,,,: unamused:

7. reprint or it never happened ;)

8. i have given you reference from a magazine,,its job done for me i have won the argument:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. for the record, have so far found 5 journalist references to Tamburini being influenced by NR750 before penning the 916 (Google Tamburini NR750) so best leave it there.

10. Question,,Are journalists as close as Andrea Forni was to Tamburini?:thinkingface:

11. Yes.

12. i don't know the answer..

• Like Like x 1
  13. It seems Classic Bike says "The Greatest Ducati ever" is the Monster...

Monster.png

14. It's still written by beardy old scrotes then :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I don't know any of them personally... Besides, aren't the bearded ones the young scrotes these days?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Either end of the spectrum it seems :worried:

17. Most important is the monster, it allegedly saved Ducati

Imo most important bike 916. Started bring appeal to the masses and winning on the big stage, focussing Ducati on road racing.

But I’m not old enough to remember before that ;)

But in 10 years I think it may be the `v4

18. It might not be accurate, but way back when I "remember" Ducati's as hoplessly expensive, not that fast, and they always broke down if it rained. Though the Darmah was stunning. I never really gave Ducatis much thought for years.

Then I rode a Monster 900 in Mexico in 2004 and had to have one. Then along came the 916 and if the Darmah was stunning, this is bike perfection to look at at. Maybe one day I will think the same about the V4, - big maybe.

19. I think it more likely it will save the future of Ducati sports bikes, if the race for power continues in wsbk4and bsb etc. Twins are past their date for that. Like the Aprilia move from twin to 4: imagine how many young or rsv’s would be sold if it was still a twin (?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. A combination of the following five things if not more:thinkingface:
    The Castiglion brothers=The money & passion
    Pierre Terblabche/Massimo Tamurini=The designs
    916=The track wins
    The monster=The sales
    Carl fogarty=The PR man

Do Not Sell My Personal Information