1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Important Ducati

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Tommaso, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Remember seeing a new 916 senna I think. Looked soo nice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. I need another 916 sps in my life.

I had two boyhood aspirations (motor related) which was a bike like foggy’s And a 911

I’ve had the bike, I’ve got the car, need the bike again lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. You really might be right. Though it will have to win a championship or two to achieve true greatness & public recognition imo. Plus soon the electric bikes will be the main thing talked about on the street.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cookster's:upyeah:money talks:thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. We talk abut it. A lot. I fear I may have missed he affordability bubble lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I think we all have now with the current market place,i was lucky to get mine in 2014,but would like a second one just for the hell of it:):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Polution/ Use surcharges will bring the market prices down if they become widespread. Give it a year or two!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Do you have a crystal ball:thinkingface:may i borrow it:)

9. Good point

10. I agree with Bradders.. Monster was the saver, the 916 was the keeper..

Worlds greatest bikes had Honda cub at number one and 916 at number two...

I rest my case ..... x

11. You mean the Honda Cub was better then the 916 :thinkingface:

12. I will definitely lend it to you as soon as I manage to find one!

• Like Like x 1
  13. That figures in this mad world that we call planet earth: unamused:

14. Noods, the "Worlds Geatest Bikes" list must be wrong. Anyone who thinks the Honda 90 stepthru is the worlds greatest bike, probably thinks boiled rice is the greatest meal. What they might have meant was most sold?

15. Is t it the most sold bike? Africa probably has thousands still. As does India and China

16. Apparently Honda had sold 60 million eleven years ago
    https://www.wired.com/2008/05/honda-sells-its/

It must be the biggest selling motor vechicle

17. There is no correct or definitive answer to this question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ssssh - you will upset Classic Bike!

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. My personal opinion is the 916.
    I was crewing in the ultimate streetbike drag racing championship back in the late 80's / early 90's and there was a class for 4stroke twins of which there various old (new then ) ducatis competing. They never drew a crowd . But then the 916 came out and i was hooked !
    For me deffo the 916 for ground zero.
    Puddy :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Whilst I agree with the Castiglioni brothers/916/monster/Carl Fogarty, surely you must mean Massimo Bordi/Massimo Tamburini. Massimo Bordi took Fabio Taglioni's engine design and updated it with 4 valve heads, water cooling etc. Pierre Terblanche nearly did for the company with the restyled supersports and the 999!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information