1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Important Ducati

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Tommaso, Sep 10, 2017.

1. And here in is the problem. Some call it a masterpiece others call it derivative.

2. Is that this bloke? Well I never knew he designed motorcycles. :eek:
    [​IMG]

He should get together with Massimo Tamburini, they'd have loads to chat about. :)

#162 Robarano, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yet it remains widely recognised as the most beautiful production motorcycle and is continually voted by pundits and punters as the best looking motorcycle of all time.

Sure, you can see where and from what it was derived, but Mr Tamburini's execution of the design is peerless. Its sum is so much greater than the parts. My 916 is checked over much more than either my 1198 or my new 1299 are.

I'd wager, the derivative folk still wear flares and tank tops. Or are T9 owners who cant get over that the 916 still takes the cake. Even though I really appreciate the T9, its underrated but its no 916. Only the 888 comes close to the 916 imo. But for differing reasons. The 916 is soooooo pretty.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. What about genesis? :thinkingface: If it wasn't a success, maybe nothing would have come after. :eek:

[​IMG]

5. They were ok till Peter Gabriel left. After that they went all pants.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. View attachment 97952
    it was actually derived from a 125cc, two stroke bike, the Cagiva Mito. A bike for fast kids... Ducati first rejected the original design as insufficiently representative of the Ducati marque, believe it or not! Then, when sales of the Mito skyrocketed, Ducati decided to go back and build the full size bike that became the 916. As you can see the design is absolutely the same, just slightly scaled down. I will look for images of the 2 bikes side by side...
    IMG_20170918_210303.png

#166 Tommaso, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  7. Here are the Cagiva Mito (2 stroke, 125cc) and the Ducati 916, side by side. Spot which is which...
    IMG_20170918_211243.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. Those are not my bikes! I took the picture off the intent!

Mine are a Ducati 998R and a D16, Benelli Tornado Tre, MV Agusta F4R, BMW R1100RS, Honda CB750 Four K2, and three or four old scooters (including a 1979 vespa PX150) that our household uses...

I forgot your ride...

#168 Tommaso, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  9. Ooooooo...pics? :)

10. Just go and look in your own garage, added bonus: no BMW's in there o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I've only got one duplicate of his collection. :(

12. No, it's the pre GSXRBMW with silly sticky out engine o_O

• Like Like x 1
  13. Betterer though :)

14. If you ever decide to write a lonely hearts advert for yourself, I'd take a class in positivity 1st. o_O

15. I'd like a 998R, I have to admit. :yum

16. I never realized you had met me. :thinkingface:

17. Greedy :eek:

18. BRAVO102715-1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Bloody ell @Sev . Your last few posts have been on fire! PMSL!!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Do you know what penultimate means?

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information