1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Successful Piece Of Kit

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Gimlet, Aug 24, 2018.

1. :joy: Yep its an Evoque the (wife's choice). The lump is just some scrap metal and I tried to remove the rim tape but someone has done a good job of putting it on :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Can I say......Its a Harley frame with a Porsche designed engine :eek::joy::joy::joy::joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bought a complete kit, pre-owned, Dainese-Ducati leather suit, Ducati boots and gloves, Arai Chaser helmet.

Usually not for using pre-owned kit, but it was cheap and miles better than the budget kit I had before. I really enjoy the general very nice quality.

Only downside is that this Ducati branded, bike colour matching kit balances delicately on the “cool/ridiculous” borderline. :eyes:

5649DD3F-A00F-4E56-9AB6-399D527B6603.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Phew, the wife's choice... What is it with women and Evoques?? :):upyeah:

5. My other half wants a Qashqai ffs!

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. My favorite gagdet this year has been a Cat Mate C500 automatic feeder. You didn't stipulate it was for biking!!!!1

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alpinestars supertech r boots and shoei x1100 helmet.

8. Came across one of those at a Vmax event with a 3.8 GTR engine shoehorned into it. Boosted up to 1000bhp running 2 bar boost and ran 242mph down the runway! The ultimate sleeper! It 'd be great baiting bikes on the motorway with that!

• Like Like x 1
  9. EDZ innershell. Packs away to nothing. Totally blocks cold air. Highly recommend under leathers when it turns cold.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Another thumbs up for the EDZ inner shell but even better is the Avade heated vest.
    The vest is very thin and combined with the edz shell is perfection

11. Me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Apples and oranges. How is it better if you use it as well?

13. I bought a set of EDZ pure Merino base layers. They are warm in the cold and cool(ish) in the heat but I'm slightly disappointed to find they are also faintly itchy. I thought merino was soft and silky but it seems not.

14. Because when the temperatures down at zero and the wind is biting cold the EDZ cuts down the wind and what gets through gets heated by the vest and Its warm

15. Just proves the point...

16. Not sure what your point is. Is it that they do the same thing but on there own they are not effective?
    If so you are wrong. My point is they are both very good but together they make it possible to wear 2 very thin items of clothing on very cold days and stay warm. in the past I have layered up in winter and on a sports bike it can be restrictive. I have found a solution for me

17. I do miss my old kushitani gloves. Loved em. Could probably knock one off in them they were that nice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. I think to date, Daytona Boots, around 7 years old, raise my short ass a few inches, water proof one hundred percent, and warm, good protection, and done around 60k miles and still pretty much look like new.

Also Ironically I have several pairs of Rukka Gloves, that I managed to pick up very cheap, and they have been great, and both still like new after many years.

19. i used to have a pair of Rs-Taichi Schwantz gloves back in the 90s, like slippers for the hands they were..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information