1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Underrated Clothing Brand

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by RC1, Sep 16, 2016.

1. I bought a pair of the Daytona EVO GP boots last week, yes they are verrrry expensive, however the quality is superb. They are not a fashion gimmick but a very high end professional product to protect in the event of a crash, very comfy too. As "Air Duck", said you cant put a price on your safety. when you see them, you then realise why they cost so much, all the detail is hidden!!

2. Are they really £1300?

3. I bought mine in a sale at the Infinity outlet for £600. It seems I am the only person who wanted size 48. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Have you thought about joining a circus? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sadly yes, I tried getting discount, but failed. I believe, but not 100% sure, if you hold a comp license you can get a massive discount from TransAm who are the importers.

£1300 seems a lot, and it is!! However the attention to detail is superb, obviously all hand-made. I'm sure there is a massive markup and transam make sure no dealers discount.

6. Dainese atm, but Furygan is my other fave. Daytona used to be my fave boots, but after a 2mph spill tore the toe slider off and the embedded screws, I have declined to use them anymore. Kushitani gloves if I could find em so currently Knox as I need to try gloves on 1st thus no tinternet for kushitani for me. They come up small btw. So try them on. But best gloves bar none imo. I'm a road rider so 2piece for me only.

7. Weise gear was good, I had a 2 piece leather suit until I got to fat to wear it.
    Also still have the gloves which are about 8 years old and been down the road, still ultra comfy and look understated.

8. Oxford kit, regularly appears in the top five of sub £150 jackets and reminds you biking doesn't have to be about thousand pound suits just to ride to the shops

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Snap. Ive got a new furygan dark apex suit and those rather nice gpr6 kushi gloves. Well worth the investment

• Like Like x 1
  10. ARMR gloves.

11. Has anyone tried "A-Pro"? Made in Italy, supposedly.

12. I've got a Dianese Mike leather jacket, 2 pairs of TCX boots (short and long) and, after a disappointing experience with a Dianese textile jacket (zip broke and I put it in for warranty repair - after they had it for 6 weeks they decided it couldn't be fixed), I've gone back to Held textile gear - Cadora jacket, can't remember what the trousers are.

13. This is well worth reading:
    Leathers – the good, the bad and the bloody disgraceful

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. I’m not a fan of off brands but don’t wish to be a walking billboard either. A* and Dainese are prevalent in the US but plenty of other options. I was a devout follower of Vanson but that brand is hardly under rated or underpriced. However, with Vanson you definitely get what you pay for and then some.

One leather jacket I really like is Scorpion Exoskeleton leather jacket. Not the most exquisite piece of gear I ever owned but very tough.

One brand that I would like to try is Berik. Unfortunately there are practically zero retailers in the States that carry this brand. I ran into someone at the track wearing Berik leathers but he got his from a friend in Europe...

15. Halvarsons kit is excellent.

16. +1 for the Rev-It goretex gear, not a drop of water through in 6 years, bought a new jacket for next year..

17. Rev-it leathers look the dogs bollocks in my opinion, don't see them about at all.

Screenshot_20191127_172007.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. +1 for Held gloves and leathers :upyeah:

RS Taichi seems to be going strong and has launched a couple of race suits that are compatible with the Tech-Air airbag system. But where in the UK can you buy RS Taichi?

Kushitani also seems to be going strong and their gloves still look amazing. Kushitani's easier to buy in the UK too.

However, I've not seen Nankai for years. Are they still going?

19. I bit the bullet and splashed out on Rukka textile jacket a few years ago ,i tried to keep the price from the missus to no avail and she nearly had a fit when she found out how much it cost.....but i have to say its the best bit of kit i've ever had, it does exactly what it says on the tin...brill.:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information