1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Underrated Clothing Brand

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by RC1, Sep 16, 2016.

1. No, its made wherever J&S get their other famous name brands from the past made (at the lowest prices).. The off the peg BKS stuff is a result of a tie up between BKS and Frank Thomas years ago. When FT went pop' the FT name was bought by J&S, but they also inherited the BKS name for off the peg stuff. The real BKS is still going and still makes bespoke gear of the highest quality. Do not make the mistake of thinking they are one and the same, or a line produced, or overseen, by BKS

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Another huge thumbs up for Bering. I bought a textile jacket of theirs at TK Maxx about 15 years ago just because it was there! It looked good, fitted well, was dirt cheap. I did several European tours in it, leaving much more expensive jackets at home because it was just as versatile, less faff and fully waterproof, it never let me down. I gave it to a friend of mine a couple of years ago when I bought a replacement, a really nice-looking jacket by Lewis; it leaks, isn't as good at keeping me warm and isn't as good generally! I swapped a reliable, faithful, old friend for a mug's eyeful!

3. Furygan winter gloves had mine since the fireblades days.:upyeah:

4. Furygan, like Held, seems to come out really well in SBF's investigation into leather manufacturers.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. My Arlen ness kangaroo leather evolution one piece is a great bit of kit and I’ve had it years

6. Got me a m2m BKS 2 piece. Very happy with it.

7. I have their winter gloves, brilliant. I also had textile trousers which I only changed because I lost weight

8. Have to say wear mine a lot through the winter, not just on the bike, walking, cycling etc wash at 30% hang up to dry, no problem. Aldi’s own.

9. I've been wearing merino stuff for years as base layers for walking, on the bike and as mid layer sweaters day to day. Never had any issues washing it, no matter where it was from. You do need to dry heavier weight stuff flat however, same as with any wool, otherwise the weight can distort it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information